» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Dingo Case Again?, Case of the murdering critter< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
David Yeagley Search for posts by this member.
Comanche Patriot

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 18 2012,22:12  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Australia asks _ again: Did a dingo kill the baby?
Associated Press
By KRISTEN GELINEAU
2-18-12

...the mystery of Azaria Chamberlain's disappearance in the Australian Outback in 1980 became the most notorious, divisive and baffling legal drama in the country's history. Had a wild dog really taken the baby? Or had Azaria's mother, Lindy, slit her daughter's throat and buried her in the desert?

Thirty-two years later, Australian officials hope to finally, definitively, determine how Azaria died when the Northern Territory coroner opens a fourth inquest on Friday (Feb. 24). Lindy Chamberlain, who was convicted of murdering her daughter and later cleared, is still waiting for authorities to close the case that made her the most hated person in Australia.

But to Australians, the case is about much more than the guilt or innocence of one woman. It is about the guilt or innocence of a nation a nation that prides itself on the concept of a "fair go," an equal chance, for all. Did Lindy Chamberlain get a fair go? Or had Australians misjudged this woman? With doubts growing about just how fair and tolerant they truly were, many wondered if they had misjudged themselves.

And so Australia will once again try to get to the bottom of one of the most painful chapters in its history.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Ray Frigon Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 19 2012,05:59 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I didn't realize this was still ongoing. What is the point?

I remember when this took place. SDAs saw how easy it is, and would be, to turn a nation, a world, against Sabbath keepers.
 Post Number: 3
Comanche Patriot

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 19 2012,10:30 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I can't believe it was thirty years ago!!
 Post Number: 4
zephyr Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 19 2012,11:07 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Chamberlain spoke at Andrews shortly after she was released from prison. She gave some background on the story--have to say, her personality wasn't particularly endearing and probably didn't help her case very much.

Some of the vignettes she shared did not make sense--she told a story of church members helping them to move to a different home. She was annoyed when they moved the refrigerator because items inside had spilled during transport.

Who doesn't empty a refrigerator before moving it?!

Weird that I still recall that story--but it was obvious that she thought the congregation should understand her irritation with their volunteers. That was the part that stood out in my mind.

In terms of Australia and Adventism . . . it's, well, like California--a brand of Adventism that is hardly recognizable to those of us in the States.
 Post Number: 5
Ray Frigon Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 20 2012,07:24 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm certain that is true, based on things I have read and heard of the SDA condition in Australia. Perhaps the media is different, as well. I still believe opinion can be turned on a dime anywhere on earth, given the right circumstances of ability to spin things.
 Post Number: 6
Comanche Patriot

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 24 2012,10:26 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Inquest Hopes to Solve 1980 Dingo Baby Case

Lindy not looking too orthodox Adventist there, with her jewelry and make-up.  But, hey, it's been a hard road for her.  Very hard.

Hey, women are supposed to look descent, not unkempt.  But, I for one have never known exactly what's "descent."
5 replies since Feb. 18 2012,22:12 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Dingo Case Again?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code