» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 2 of 2<<12

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Sombrero Galaxy< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 11
StevenL Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 06 2005,18:52  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What I find interesting is that this is generally very old light, 15+ billions of years old.  Some of these galaxies no longer exist, especially the darker red ones as the darker red indicates the advanced age of the galaxy.  (Refering to the NASA/Hubble Ultra Deep Field picture hyperlinked in my previous post)

Speaking of the darker red ones; to be that color they have to be 10+ billion years old and when you add the two datum together (distance and time) they equal more than scientests generally accept as the age of the universe.  I wonder when scientests will get over themselves and just admit that the galaxy is "way old" and that they barely know or understand anything about creation.  Making proclemations and sticking to them despite the evidence kinda puts scientests in the same catagory as the masses of us mere mortals.  Obviously they can be stupid too.

I've long thought that mankind are still babes who have just opened our mortal eyes.  Both to the outside universe and to the universe inside each of us.  We've got a lot to learn - more than we could possibly understand at this time and point in our cultural path.

SteveL
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 12
David Yeagley Search for posts by this member.
Comanche Patriot

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 06 2005,22:32 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, I've thought this:  if light travels, and can still be moving through space, after the source has quit, then we would see a lot more "streaks" in space, would we not?  I've never really trusted the spectometer.  It indicates nothing imperical about light source.  

"Old" light shows up as a different color?  Doesn't sound logical to me at all.  Perhaps I have misunderstood the proposition...
 Post Number: 13
Green Feather Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 08 2005,17:18 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

How do you do the Mexican hat dance around that thing, anyway?

It would take many light years.  Sort of gives new meaning to the phrase "trip the light fantastic" doesn't it?  

As to this change of light thing.  I'm not sure if Mark is refering to the change of color of stars as they age or the change in the readable light of a star into a (lower?)spectrum as the light travels further.  The distance, I guess alters the color of the light in some way.

Not only can some of these galaxies theoreticaly not exist anymore, the ones that still exist could be located anywhere.  Like, how could you aim for one with a spaceship?  You aim for something that is not there anymore and as you travel through time to get there it even moves further away.  

How do you know you are not seeing the light from the same galaxy that is in different places in time?  Just popping up at various locations, so it looks like there are more galaxies than there really are?  I'm sure there is a reason in physics that this can't be so, but?

Just think how powerful God must be to create such an immense
universe and direct it down to the atom.  There is no way to get your mind around this idea.
12 replies since Nov. 08 2005,16:45 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 2 of 2<<12
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Sombrero Galaxy
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code