» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 1012345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Fall of "Shining Elk", New lows< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
David Yeagley Search for posts by this member.
Comanche Patriot

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 04 2007,19:48  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Michelle R. (Hall) "Shining Elk" has started her own little zoo, as I pointed out on my blog today.  She has joined the other entities that feed on lies.

Today, she posted something by Lance Tahchawwickah.  This is most unfortunate, for now I have to expose private email from Lance, to counter act the delusion.

Lance:
Rudy Youngblood is in fact my brother. My father and mother took him in many years ago. He is family! So what he said is absolutely TRUE.
Tuesday, December 26, 2006.

"Indian way," folks.  Indian way.  Rudy hung out with them.  How long?  When?  You know how it is.  Preston lives down in Texas.  Rudy showed up at the pow-wows with the other Mexican hobbyists.  Preston and Lance may have liked him (Rudy's apparently very likable), and let him stay around the parents home a bit.

This is not legal adoption, and certainly isn't blood kin.  That's the issue here, not friendships.  "Indian way" is valid, in and of itself, and that's what Lance is talking about, nothing more.

But, in today's age, it doesn't count.  The stakes are too high, and the blood is getting too thin.  

Lance's statement here is tantamount to saying Rudy is not Comanche.  The fact is, Rudy has no enrollment, and no blood line whatsoever.

I mean no disrespect for Lance.  But, this is a lie.  Rudy has made it a lie.  

There are people that like Rudy, and people who will try to cover for him.  But, I am taking the necessary steps to rectify this wrong.  In due time, my friends.  

I've made my points.  They can all band together and "share the fantasy," but, mark my word:  it will vanish before their eyes.  It is only a matter of time.  Short time.

By the way, Lance is Comanche.  However, my information (second hand from Bobbie Tahchawwicka, sister of Preston), is that Lance was adopted by Preston, legally, along with another girl, I believe.  Rudy was never legally adopted.  That wouldn't make him Comanche blood anyway.

We're talking BLOOD here.  BLOOD.  Legality, law, and honesty.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Comanche Patriot

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 04 2007,19:55 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Here's a bit more from Lance's "appeal" to the false speaking Michelle R. (Hall) "Shining Elk":

I only ask that Mr. Yeagley and others respect my family and our privacy. My father, the late Preston Tahchawwickah rests in peace, I have pleaded with Mr. Yeagley to please stop and respect that he has gone to the other side -- to stop speaking of him, about him, and talking about his family. My father is not here to respond to Yeagley's attacks against my family and it is dishonorable of Mr. Yeagley to keep speaking of my father and his family. I only ask for respect -- for him and my family. Please hear me Mr. Yeagley.

Privacy?  Who brought up the name Preston Tahchawwicka?  Who put it on his web site?  Who is parading it?  

Lance, you're not thinging straight here.  Rudy put you in a trap.  Not me.  Thank Rudy, and Michelle R. (Hall) "Shining Elk."  

This matter is much bigger than your friend Rudy, his manager, and you.   Other blood Tahchawwickas are quite upset about this matter!  You can only fool people like Michelle, not the larger world.  She took a wrong course.  Now you have joined her.  I suggest you quickly divorce yourself from that crowd.  They have a difficult future, which they have earned for themselves.
 Post Number: 3
Comanche Patriot

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 05 2007,10:36 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Maybe no one noticed this, but, I think it's important.  Lance's word to Michelle are going to be used to try to build up the false image about Rudy.

It will all shatter, but, I think it's worth watching.  I'm not going to talk much about it on my front page Journal, unless something really wild happens.  When my silent actions are ready to reveal, I will.
 Post Number: 4
trailboss49 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 05 2007,14:02 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

My only suggestion is:  When tracking the story follow the money.  It is just like a blood spoor after the animal has been shot.

--------------
Trailboss49 - "If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right.  If you are right then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong."  William Penn
 Post Number: 5
Comanche Patriot

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 05 2007,16:46 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I thought some thoughts along the money line.  I know more than one Oklahoma tribe has used Rudy to raise money for "Indian" causes in the state.  

One has to wonder about Rudy's supporters, or, might we think, they whom he supports?   He's involved with different professional groups.  They certainly don't appreciate the issue.  There's money involved, all the way around.  And that includes money for Michelle R. (Hall) "Shining Elk."  

But look at Rudy's video dance clip.  His site says he is a "championship" dancer, but identifies no dance date, year, place, or award.  To win a grass dance award at a pow-wow doesn't make you a "championship" dancer.  "Championship" means championship, a specific title.  I suspect he doesn't have such a title at all.

His vidio is okay.  I expected much worse.  He's cool.    Nothing unusual or outstanding, though.  At least it's not the new Africanized steps I've seen at some dance-contests.  Practially break-dancing.  

What I'm curious about is why Rudy woudn't have put up a real video, of a dance competition.  This clip looks special made for a TV ad or something.
 Post Number: 6
ajibik Search for posts by this member.
Why I oughtta!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 05 2007,18:48 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I watched the video. ???

Rudy would't win any grassdance contests that I know of with the style shown on the video...

You don't just jump around like you're on crack when you dance; the moves are supposed to be flowing and controlled. The judges would notice him, but they'd say: "He's too wild and all over the place...there's nothing special or unique about his footwork, or his style."

A lot of kids try to dance like him, but eventually have to learn the norm, and build their own style within the parameters of the very basic Omaha style movements.

If you want to see some "champion" grass dancers, see Darryl Goodwill, Rusty Gillette, Randy Paskemin, John Windyboy, Wesley Windyboy, Julius Not Afraid.  Those guys are true champions. They're graceful and enduring, like the tall grass on the prairie.

Just go to powwows dot com and inspect all the winners' lists at all the major contests coast to coast including Canada.  No Rudy to be seen.

I then sent Ms. ShiningElk this message:

I am a grass dancer myself, initiated into the circle some time ago in the old fashioned way...earning each piece of regalia along the way (i.e. bells, roach, feathers, etc). I rarely contest dance, but dance for the "ones who cannot dance."

I was wondering. I noticed that Rudy's bio lists him as a champion grass dancer.  Could you expand on that, by listing some of the recent contest powwows that Rudy has been a competitor in?   Could you also list some of his placements too?

Thanks.  A. Ajibik

--------------

Smite the Sinners.

Asinamaaguun Ajibik,
Anishinaabe Ogitchidaa Aanikoominodewiwin,
HAWKer (Homing All The Way Killer) Veteran.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 7
trailboss49 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 06 2007,07:47 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I hope you're not holding your breath until you get a reply.

--------------
Trailboss49 - "If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right.  If you are right then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong."  William Penn
 Post Number: 8
Why I oughtta!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 06 2007,11:19 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

<blue in the face> ...eeep...what?

--------------

Smite the Sinners.

Asinamaaguun Ajibik,
 Post Number: 9
Comanche Patriot

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2007,10:30 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Comanche friends have told be Rudy started showing up at the Texas pow-wows with the Mexican hobbyists--of which there are many.  He didn't win anything in the beginning.  

I know at least one Comanche woman championship (national) dancer, who asked Rudy precisely those questions, about specific dates, names, places.  I've brought this up on my BadEagle Journal entries.  Rudy's simply NOT a championship grass dancer.  Plain and simple, just like he's NOT American Indian.  He just happens to enjoy identifying with Indians.

Hey, I enjoy Jews, Italians, and Persians, but I've never tried to pass myself off as one, nor tried to gain professional advantage as one.

Yes, I thought Jews would really support my Holocaust opera, Jacek, based on the survivor Jack Eisner, whom I knew personally.  But they haven't.  I think I understand why.  I'm not Jewish!   Plain and simple.  Of course, I never claimed to be.  (I do, however, claim to be a fairly decent composer!  Why, I have two CDs on iTunes, and a third coming.  They may count for something!)

My next opera will be a Comanche opera, I'll guarantee you that!
 Post Number: 10
Why I oughtta!

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 07 2007,14:10 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Will a Comanche wear a helmet with horns? Who will the fat lady be? Will she sing?

--------------

Smite the Sinners.

Asinamaaguun Ajibik,
95 replies since Jan. 04 2007,19:48 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 1012345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Fall of "Shining Elk"
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code