[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Rattlesnake HIdes, Diamondback Rattlesnakes< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Motoy Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 06 2011,12:13  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I have two Eastern Diamondback hides for sale approximatley 5 to 5  1/2 feet long for sale. BIG ONES! Anyone interested in buying them contact me here on badeagle. $34 for the two of them, plus $7 bucks shipping and handling.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Thundersky Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 06 2011,17:35 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Eee...who would want snake hides, but are these the ones you have hanging around your neck or do ceremonies with? ???

Maybe Yeagley would be interested in them, but I think his sssssnake is bigger than your ssssssssssssssssnake :p

thundersky

--------------
[B]Big Words Often Hide Small Ideas..(fortune cookie)
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2011,17:52 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

aah to answer your questions, No these two snakes are not any of the ones I did ceremonies with, they are the same kind but not the same snakes.  David's snake bigger than mine?? I would guess that only those who have seen his snake and mine would know the answer to that question, and there are no women around here that could answer that question,lol.  :;):
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2011,18:01 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Tsky you afraid of snakes??/LOL, all kinds of things can be made out of rattlesnake hides such as hat bands, vests, medicine bags,  arithritis and gout medicne.  I don't teach anymore. I only give a sweat now once or twice a year to two close friends.  Indians now days have come to the point that they would rather go to some church or crawl up in a whiskey bottle, and the other "Indians" the nigger Indians I would not teach them anything to start with!  Deer season is fast approaching here and I need the extra space in my freezer the two bigs snakes are taking up to put some winter deer meat in ! If I sell them , I sell them, if I don't I will simply take them out and bury them in about two more weeks.
 Post Number: 5
David Yeagley Search for posts by this member.
Comanche Patriot

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 07 2011,21:20 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Motoy.  For a minute, I thought I posted this myself!  ha!

I was out and around the other day, and found out that there is new way of "tanning" the snake skins.  They sand them down so that all the scales (95%) are rubbed off.

The snakes I wear when I dance were done the old way.  I really don't think I like the new way at all.  You see to much "hide" in between the natural skin 'design' patterns.  

Why do things always have to change--in the name of improvement.  The new way is not good at all.  I don't like it.

Now, tell me more about yours.  If they're what I want, I may be happy to buy them!   How old are they, and how did you treat them?
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 08 2011,17:31 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

David these two big eastern diamonds have been in my refrigerator freezer around 12 to 14 months.  THEY are WHOLE SNAKES that were QUICK FROZE within 10 minutes of their demise.  They were wrapped up as well before freezing. They got a quick knock on the head and then a tobacco ceremony offering.  They have not been gutted or anything- heads still on them and with fangs and poison in tact.
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 08 2011,17:34 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

These two snakes were out in the woods at the time of their demise. Their bodies, hides, and heads are still in tact, I simply washed them off good with cold water , wrapped them up and put them WHOLE IN THE FREEZER.
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 08 2011,17:49 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

ON another note---  when I take such snakes out of the freezer I usually cut off the heads a full 6 inches back from the back of the head,  take the hide off like taking off a sock , then when I would get it off I would cut a straight line down the belly side of the hide, and I would cut a filet of meat out about 12 inches long on both sides of the spine.  I wash them good and salt them, put them in a frying pan with some olive oil, sweet onions, salt and pepper and barbecue sauce and eat them!   As far as the way I do my snake hides- I do not remove any of the scales cause they are the most beautiful color and part of the snake!  I simply salt down the flesh side of them let them dry about a day, rub in a little virgin olive oil on the scale side and flesh side, roll them up like socks with the flesh side out , then the next day I rub in some alum powder and ground cinnamon powder into the flesh side.  Then over a period of month I will rub in a little more olive oil to the flesh side.  They will keep 5 to 6 years or more like that.
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 09 2011,08:49 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

* I wash them good and salt them, put them in a frying pan with some olive oil, sweet onions, salt and pepper and barbecue sauce and eat them!* Motoy posted on BE
---
:O

And yes i am afraid of snakes.  As a kid we would hunt snakes for ten cents per snake.  I found one that was pure white with red eyes, it attacked me and bit me, landed me in the IHS. I have respect for them though because we believe they are bad people sentenced after death to crawl on their stomachs.  But just what we believe. Some honor the snake and some just like to feast on them.

So, I guess like my pappy use to say. *If you see an injuns walking like a dang side winder, it is a sure bet he done got himself a snake and fried it up.* lol

thundersky

--------------
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 09 2011,08:52 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

*They got a quick knock on the head and then a tobacco ceremony offering. * Motoy posted on BE
---
(okay) I seen people take the snake and just whip it hard onto the ground until the head was literally smashed to a pulp.  I felt like doing the same to these guys.

thundersky

--------------
11 replies since Nov. 06 2011,12:13 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Rattlesnake HIdes
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code