» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Ann Coulter, Treason (2003)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
David Yeagley Search for posts by this member.
Comanche Patriot

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 29 2008,15:44  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The first Bad Eagle Award for American Patriotism is given to Ann Coulter, author, for her outstanding book, Treason: Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism, (New York:  Three River Press, 2003).

See article:  The Bad Eagle Award:  Ann Coulter

ann Coulter
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
mhtyler Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 29 2008,16:35 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I read Coulter's column regularly, and enjoy her humor, but sometimes she crosses the line, and while that makes her the perfect counter to Andrew Sullivan, the daily Kos, and moveon.org, I think She uses their tactics, and I really wish she wouldn't...so much.

mark
 Post Number: 3
Comanche Patriot

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 29 2008,19:49 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You know, I never thought of it that way.  I do think Ann was first, though.  She's seemingly always first.  Must be a lonely gal!  (Nah, bet she has too many friends!)  

She is quite independent, however.  She doesn't answer to any network boss or editor.  She doesn't answer to anyone.   That makes her more reliable, seems to me.
 Post Number: 4
Ray Frigon Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2008,08:51 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I don't suppose you could find a more 'patriotic' picture of her.

???

I'm curious of the list of nominees you selected from. There are many patriots out there. Which ones did you think of which you felt did not measure up to Coulter's standing, in your mind?
 Post Number: 5
Comanche Patriot

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2008,09:36 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I started off with Ann, because of this particular book, Treason.   It's just so very pertinent and critically important.   It is the history of American politics since the '30's, really.  It's how we got where we are.  How the "dialogue" was created, and what keeps it going.

It is a very unusual book.  Politics: Why people talk the way they do.  Not really, why they think like they do, but at least, why the politicians talk like they talk.  A history of the dialogue.

The first Bad Eagle Award was for the expression of patriotism, the articulation, I should say, the verbal manifestation.  Ann's book leaves you feeling that you know where you are, and you know what it means to be a true American.  

Future awards may be given to janitors, emergency workers, soccer moms, step-fathers, who knows?  Maybe even musicians!   Maybe there will be something in cinema, though I doubt it.   Certainly vets.
 Post Number: 6
Motoy Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2008,20:54 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The major one thing that turned me off about Ann Coulter was her cold hearted unthoughtful comments about the familes of the victims of 9/11 not really caring about their dead family members killed in the World Trade Towers and that they were only out for money and publicity. Now I realize she gets her bread and butter from being controversial, and thats okay , people do that, but such statements to those who lost their loves ones in those towers , that was gutter street politics and low class journalism in my book!
 Post Number: 7
Mark Winters Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2008,17:52 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ms. Coulter was never cold hearted towards the families that lost loved ones on 911.   She was critical of those very few certain family members who chose to parley their loss into gain, either politically and/or economically.   Most families suffered silently and humbly.   A very few family members looked at the loss as a opportunity to cash in or to try to speak for ALL of the families that lost loved ones by pushing a biased slanted Leftist political view of W's administration.  Not all families that lost loved ones were or are Leftist pacifists.  I'm guessing most wanted payback and they got it.  W saw to that.

Your criticism of her is short sighted and a simplistic unsophisticated Leftist caricature.

And, of course, that is my opinion.
 Post Number: 8
Comanche Patriot

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 05 2008,08:39 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ann certainly isn't Miss Congeniality.  She will definitely go after a liberal woman, with fangs bared.  That bit about the "witches of East Brunswick" was in her book Godless:  The Church of Liberalism (2006), pp.102, 103.  

That their personal grief would be regarded as representative of all others related--that was the offense.   They were all millionaires, all demanding Bush be blamed and investigated, and all using media to push their law suit 'in behalf' of the thousands of other "victims" of Bush ($1.6 million for each bereft family).  The media tried to make them into cultural heroes.  Ann called the media "grief-arazzis (re papperazzis).

Here's a video of a Coulter intervew (posted on a CBS site).   The CBS reporter Andrew Kurtzman calls Ann "the Führer."
 Post Number: 9
Motoy Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 05 2008,12:52 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well there were no individual lawsuits representing those victims, it was a class action suit.  As far as demanding an investigation of that crook in the white house, he has violated the constitution about 50 times. The mere fact that some of the 9/11 hijackers took some of their flight training down here in Florida in  a small airfield that the Cia used to smuggle in cocaine from South America some years ago should have been enough of a caution light for things to be checked into! That coupled with the fact of the FBI agents capturing that one terrorist up in or around Minnesota or Michigan a couple weeks before 9/11 and trying to report it to FBI headquarters in D.C. and then getting either ignored, or reprimanded or demoted is another note stranger than strange about the whole thing, not to mention 100k wired from Enron headquarters to a high up General close up in power to Mushariff and then that General wiring that 100k back to New York to Muhammed Atta's bank account seems fishy to me and a lot of other people as well. But by the time congressional investigators discovered the 100k wire transfer from Enron while going thru their financial records and Enron defrauded and bankrupted it was already too late to ask any employees in Enron's department that handled wire transfers who actually authorized that wire transfer, too late because in a matter of just a couple weeks the three employees who would have known that answer all committed "suicide". Label it coincidence or a conspiracy if you want to , I call it smoke!
 Post Number: 10
Comanche Patriot

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 05 2008,14:26 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

The gap of communication was engineered by Democrat Jamie Gorelick, also grand beneficiary of Freddie and Fannie government loan scams.
15 replies since Sep. 29 2008,15:44 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Ann Coulter
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code