Friends of Bad Eagle

by David Yeagley · March 12, 2014 · 43 Comments ·

Dear Friends of Bad Eagle,

On behalf of the Yeagley family, I am sorry to inform you that David passed away early yesterday morning, March 11, 2014.

We await the glorious resurrection when we shall see him again.

A memorial service is planned for Friday, March 14 at 3:00 pm at Oklahoma City Central Seventh-day Adventist Church located at 4747 NW 63rd St.

The family plans to hold a second memorial service in Oklahoma City in the future, details to be posted at a later date.

Messages for the family may be posted online via the Chapel Hill Funeral Home website:

Donations may be made to the Bad Eagle Foundation and will be used in the future to assist in the education of American Indian musicians. Donations may be made online (click on the “Join Us donate” button at the top of the page) or by mail (Bad Eagle Foundation, P.O. Box 75017, Oklahoma City, OK 73147).

“For he was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and of faith. And a great many people were added to the Lord.” ~ Acts 1.24

God’s blessings to you,

Jennifer Groves
Friend of the family

Posted by David Yeagley · March 12, 2014 · 8:18 pm CT · ·

• 1 brianlee // Mar 13, 2014 at 7:46 am

I know Bad Eagle from his writing which I’ve been reading for about seven years now. He was a true patriot in an era when that is rare. I did like his view of the U.S. as a child that he encouraged others to take care of. It was also refreshing to read about his occasional comments on Sabbatarianism.

• 2 whitetrash // Mar 13, 2014 at 7:52 am

I am very sad to read this news about Doctor Yeagley. He was a good and honest man who loved the Lord, his country, and most of all his Comanche people.

He will be missed.

• 3 heavyeagle // Mar 13, 2014 at 8:12 am

When I read this post yesterday, I felt like I was kicked in the stomach. Although I never had the privilege of meeting him, I marveled at his ability as a wordsmith. He certainly fought the good fight and is awaiting the Glorious Resurrection promised by our Lord.
    May God grant his Peace to his family and friends.

• 4 roger u // Mar 13, 2014 at 9:33 am

I’m sad to hear this, he will be missed.

• 5 R. I. P. David Yeagley « Attack the System // Mar 13, 2014 at 9:49 am

[…] BadEagle.Com […]

• 6 Following Him // Mar 13, 2014 at 11:39 am

To all of David Yeagley’s friends …

If I may, I would like to share a couple of paragraphs from Dr. Yeagley’s best and greatest post … at least in my opinion. He titled it “To be Jewish.” No one else could be so open and honest with his thoughts.

He writes … “I desire God. I desire that which I am not.

Sara Eisner, offered me something that I could never have hoped to find, though searching earnestly. I met Sara in Caesarea, Israel, in 1998. I never expected that the most precious thought I could ever think would come from a Jewish woman, or that it would come 14 years later.

Sara knows all about my preoccupations with religion, Bible, art, and ethnicity. She’s well aware of the Jesus story, and my peculiar writhings therewith and therein. We speak freely. Recently, in a bout of profundity, she said, as a matter of course … ‘David, you don’t have to be Jewish. Jesus was Jewish for you.’

My soul was silenced.

I desire the superlative, the best, the ultimate. I desire God. I desire that which I am not. Her words bespoke a deeper understanding of Christ than I have ever heard in my entire life of religious pursuits.

She knew what I wanted. She knew me.”

(Edited)

I will miss reading David’s heart felt wisdom. The world was made a better place because of who he was and what he taught.

Good-bye my brother in Jesus.

Carl Middleton,
    Central Illinois

• 7 Al Manente // Mar 13, 2014 at 8:04 pm

Probably one of the most intelligent and passionate people I have had the pleasure of communicating with. I knew this sad day was coming and yet the news hit me like a truck. I hope that this website will live on as David’s words and thoughts are priceless. R.I.P. David.

• 8 Ellendra // Mar 13, 2014 at 9:16 pm

So long, Bad Eagle! May we meet again someday.

• 9 David Yeagley Has Passed. R. I. P. David Yeagley | Those Damn Liars // Mar 13, 2014 at 10:08 pm

[…] http://www.badeagle.com/2014/03/12/friends-of-bad-eagle/#comments […]

• 10 Frog // Mar 14, 2014 at 9:28 am

See you in the clearing at the end of the path David.
    Thank you for all the thoughts you shared over the years.

• 11 Quartermain // Mar 14, 2014 at 12:04 pm

Farewell Dr. Yeagley, I salute you.

• 12 Thrasymachus // Mar 14, 2014 at 12:36 pm

David Yeagley: A modern voice crying in the wilderness and a clear beacon of hope and inspiration to his readers. He was true friend to us all. His perspective on current world events was unique in journalism and no one can replace him. We all cannot help but greatly miss him. I am so very glad that he knows perfect peace and happiness now.

• 13 Let us now praise famous men- David Yeagley | Thewhitechrist's Weblog // Mar 15, 2014 at 5:58 am

[…] http://www.badeagle.com/2014/03/12/friends-of-bad-eagle/ […]

• 14 David Yeagley R.I.P. | Conservative Heritage Times // Mar 15, 2014 at 8:06 am

[…] David Yeagley has passed away from cancer. I was not aware he was sick. May he R.I.P. From the linked announcement, it sounds like he was a Christian. […]

• 15 The Americanist // Mar 15, 2014 at 9:32 am

Rest in Peace Warrior.

• 16 David Yeagley RIP | The Americanist // Mar 15, 2014 at 9:38 am

[…] via Friends of Bad Eagle. […]

• 17 Rusty // Mar 15, 2014 at 4:24 pm

I first became familiar with Dr. Yeagley thanks to his writing on vdare.com. When I learned of his death, my heart sank. I have no Comanche blood though I’m told that there is a bit of Indian blood that I have not discovered
    in my family research. Yet my Dad’s family goes a very long way back in the Land of the Six Nations and I can recall when I learned of these Civilized People.
    I can also recall the encyclopedia my Dad gave me as a child and how one entry
    described the very high percentage of “American Indians” that put on the uniform
    of the United States and defended this nation in its wars. It made me very proud.

One thing I know for sure is that I have Scots and Irish blood and I see so much in their experience that parallels that of this nations Tribes. They, too, were divided by a common enemy and by each other. Some of my own Scots ancestors were forced to leave their own nation or change their names or be killed. Ever heard of Rob Roy?

It saddens me when I hear any of this land’s Tribes herded into attacking Israel. It sounds too much like a rehash of yesteryears. Same tactics, but the faces have changed. I love history and now I see that too few learn from the past.

May the spirit of Bad Eagle soar. May he be warmed at the camp fire of the People in winter and may a cool breeze meet him in summer as he looks over the land.

Thank you Dr. Yeagley for sharing your wisdom with those of us, who would not have had the good fortune to meet you were it not for the internet.

• 18 Georgia // Mar 15, 2014 at 9:34 pm

Peace to your family and friends;
    Thank you, Mr Yeagley for having touched all of us
    with your music, your thoughts and words and your spiritual insights.
    Be the wind……

• 19 David Yeagley, 1951-2014 : RichardPoe.com // Mar 16, 2014 at 6:56 am

[…] FRIEND David Yeagley has left us. He passed from this earth on Tuesday morning, March 11, 2014, at the age of 62. He will be sorely […]

• 20 Asaph // Mar 16, 2014 at 10:59 am

Well, Dave, it’s been a few days now. It appears you made a larger impact than you thought. There were certainly so many areas of human endeavor for you to impact weren’t there? You did what you could.

When I met David 35 years ago he was wearing a cap to cover his bald head (though hair had just begun to grow back). He’d been through an earlier battle with cancer. I found him a most fascinating human being. Of all the many memories I have there is one that remains so fresh, and it is one of the oldest.

David was taking care of an apartment while the tenants were away. He often juggled from place to place, the seeming nomad of higher education. Not much of any furniture was in that ground level place, in one of New Haven’s nicer neighborhoods. But there was a grand piano.

I asked to him to play. He say down and fiddled a bit, and then he played, totally off the cuff, the most charming, mysterious, light, and jazzy version of ‘Somewhere Over the Rainbow’ I have ever heard. It was enthralling. I wish I could remember every not, every chord.

When he finished there was a hint of silence that seemed to last for hours. A cushion of comfort rested in the room as the piano slowly feel back into rest and peace.

Over the years I asked him to play it again. “Yeah, well, no, no, can’t do it. Can’t do it,” he’d say. “That was … unique. A … special moment in time, you know. A one-of-a-kind musical event. It … totally impossible to recreate.”

Indeed. That was David Yeagley.

• 21 NadineWhite // Mar 17, 2014 at 7:34 am

It’s starting to hurt now, to know we won’t ever be reading another article from you, David. It’s becoming a reality; the tears have finally come.

You had a unique voice that wasn’t afraid of the consequences. Good or bad you let it all out for the world to see! That’s what I’m going to miss the most, as well as your witty sense of humour. (:^D Lol I found myself looking in the archives reading old posts of the past, some making me laugh out loud, others are of no consequence now. Long forgiven.

I’m going to miss you, my friend, more than I thought possible. There’s nothing now, just indianz.com. :( Nobody has your courage or bravery or intellect. It’s always a sad day when an Indian dies, but your passing in particular I feel will have reverbations throughout Indian Country that we haven’t even begun to realize.

Koda Waste, Nadine White
    Sisseton-Wahpeton Sioux & Blackfeet

• 22 Natty Bumppo // Mar 17, 2014 at 8:41 pm

• 23 trubolotta // Mar 18, 2014 at 7:25 am

Farewell David and good journey.

• 24 renita gay // Mar 19, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Haven’t been on this site for a while.Was so shocked and sad to read of this death. I will pray.

• 25 PjPepper // Mar 20, 2014 at 8:08 am

R.I.P. David

• 26 Deanoz // Mar 21, 2014 at 5:48 am

RIP and may your spirit continue to be heard.

Your Serb friends from Australia. :(

• 27 Mario // Mar 21, 2014 at 7:05 pm

I am sad to read that Dr.Yeagley is no longer physically with us on this plane of existence. To say he is a “true patriot” would be a cliche but having run into so call “true patriots” , he is the genuine article.

I am also sad that he seems to be the last of those who really spoke their mind and would say hell with political correctness. There were times that I disagreed with him but he had a way to disagree with one but be respectfull. If you were an enemy of the USA then he would not hold back his passion about for this country and how our politicians are passing laws allowing the slow death of this great nation. I love how he was not afraid to say he love the USA without any disclaimers. This is why I love reading his articles because he would always write about how much he cared and love this country to let it die the way it is slowly dying.

I will admit that Dr.Yeagley (even now I can not call him Doc) was a true Renaissance man who used the arts to enlighten people from his music to his writiings. Though when he would talk about religion, a lot of the subject would fly over my head since I am not into religion or religious studies. I claim ignorance over his faith but the articles I read, he seem to have a great fascination of the Jewish religion and again alot of his writing on this matter had me scratching my head. He was also not ignorant of how Islam is not a religion compatible with our American way of life with Sahria law and he would say it time after time.

I bet now the enemies of Dr. Yeagley are probably happy and even celebrating his death but they fail to know that there are other people who feel embolden with Dr. Yeagley’s spirit to keep the fight.

This will take some time for all this sink in to me about Dr.Yeagley in some other realm where he is with ancestors and other people he has admired. I can imagine him now having discussions with Edgar Allen Poe about his writings. Thank you Dr. Yeagley for informing us about your true conservatism, your unabashed love for the USA, and your fight against the forces of foreign and domestic that want to bring harm to this great nation.

• 28 zephyr // Mar 21, 2014 at 10:33 pm

A fitting tribute ~

• 29 rsprague // Mar 22, 2014 at 8:25 pm

So sorry to hear about David…I checked out David’s blogging on Facebook from time to time, but didn’t realize he had passed away on the 11th (this being the 22nd of March). I have been in an auto accident last month and had so many things in my life that it left little time for me to check his blogging as often as I should have. RIP, Great Warrior and all your true friends will meet you again

• 30 zephyr // Mar 22, 2014 at 10:25 pm

More tribute articles ~

• 31 BrockTownsend // Mar 23, 2014 at 8:11 pm

Sad indeed and thanks Sioux for letting me know.

• 32 david yeagley, r.i.p. | hbd* chick // Mar 24, 2014 at 5:03 pm

[…] – Friends of Bad Eagle […]

• 33 LonesomeDove // Mar 28, 2014 at 10:45 am

I have known of Dr. Yeagley for less than a year, but the pain of his passing left me without the words until now.
    That’s the impact he had on people.

Well done, thou good and faithful servant.

• 34 Danilovic // Mar 28, 2014 at 11:37 am

I came to this site because the text of Mr. David Yeagley, and linked to the text of struggle Serbian people against the NWO. The Serbs are a small and proud nation of its history and their homeland. Although now on his knees. Persevere in their struggle and desire to learn the truth. The text of Mr. Yeagley from November 7th, 2013 can contribute to it, so I want to thank him for that. Sad news of his death I was caught. I wish his family and all his friends to statement deepest condolences. Great people never die, they are there and living through their actions.
    Dalibor Danilovic. Belgrade. Serbia

• 35 Milen // Mar 28, 2014 at 12:08 pm

I am so sorry to read that this Great Man passed away. I found Dr. Yeagley´s site after reading an article on Serbs in a Serbian online newspaper: http://www.blic.rs/Vesti/Politika/453465/Dirljiv-tekst-indijanskog-poglavice-Srbija–lekcija-modernom-svetu

As you grieve know that the Serbian People are remembering you and honoring the memory of Dr. Yeagley.

• 36 David Yeagley, friend of the Serbian people, and his lifelong battle with cancer — 1389 Blog - Counterjihad! // Mar 29, 2014 at 11:49 am

[…] Friends of Bad Eagle […]

• 37 senja011 // Mar 29, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Zelim da se zahvalim na recima i podrsci koju je uputio nasoj zemlji Srbiji i uputim saucesce njegovoj porodici i njegovim prijateljima.

• 38 Goran St // Mar 31, 2014 at 12:38 pm

Želim takođe da uputim saučešće porodici ovog velikog čoveka i poručim njima i njegovom narodu da smo im mi Srbi zahvalni za glas istine jer se istina čuje dalje nego što neki misle i pamti se duže od laži. Bog dušu da ti prosti veliki poglavice Komanača.

Goran iz Beograda

I want also to make an condolences to the family of this great man and my message to them and to his people that we, Serbs, are grateful to the voice of truth, because the truth is heard farther than some think and remembered longer than lies. God bless his soul.

Goran from Belgrade

• 39 Chato1 // Apr 1, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Farewell and rest in peace Mr. Yeagley. I always looked forward to reading your tell it like it is opinions. You were a true patriot.

• 40 Sioux // Apr 1, 2014 at 7:51 pm

To all of you who are writing from Serbia, just know that there are people here in America who support you 100% – you got dealt a horrible blow by my despicable Govt. and NATO. Once again, my Govt. picked the wrong side. Stay strong!

• 41 Milica // Apr 26, 2014 at 7:58 am

On behalf of my Serbian people and my family I wish to say thank you David and my God give you eternal peace and beauty for your bravery! Rest in peace… Вјечан ти помен и Христос Воскресе!

• 42 eagle275 // May 22, 2014 at 9:44 pm

RIP David. You are a true patriot. See you on the other side in Heaven brother.

• 43 Tsigane12 // Jun 18, 2014 at 3:10 am

I am sorry to hear this news. I had an old online friendship with yeagley, and I’m just sorry this happened. I recently visited this site back in march before he died, and apparently almost immediately after my visit, he died.

I’m going to tell you people this straight. Lots of people I’ve known are dropping dead after coming into contact with them (even if that contact is not direct, but contact nonetheless). I believe this will continue to happen until you people wake up and realize the reason I’m still alive is because I don’t play these… games that most of you play. They are killing us. And if I ever die in a similar manner, let it be known that I knew what was really going on the whole time, and that David Yeagley was (seemingly) a friend of mine and he didn’t deserve to die. Call me crazy, I don’t care anymore. You can’t touch me.