Bad Eagle on Native America Calling Radio

by David Yeagley · January 17, 2013 · 9 Comments ·

I am scheduled to be part of a discussion on Native America Calling, the national American Indian broadcasting corporation, today at 12:00 Central Time. Check here for station affiliates in your state. (It is part of the Koahnic Broadcasting Corporation, out of Anchorage, Alaska. It is a non-profit.)

Here are the Oklahoma Stations, all Central Time:

KCNP FM 89.5 Ada
KGOU FM 106.3 Norman
FM 97.9 Ada
FM 103.1 Siminole
KROU FM 105.7 Oklahoma City

The discussion is about the Washington Redskin team name, moniker, and presumably, the team mascot.

Chief Zee, a Redskins enthusiast, making a name for himself, courtesy the American Indian.

I may get a chance to offer some important facts in the issue. The other guests are Suzan Harjo and Bill Means, so, I can’t be sure of equal time. It’s worth a try, however. “Seems Like Old Times.”

Interesting thing is the fact that Washington, DC’s mayor, Vincent Gray, is black, and the city is well over 70% black. The Redskins team is predominantly black as well, with their famous freshman quarterback, RGII. I wonder if NAC plans to make that part of the discussion.

At this point, feminist Indian woman are the main support of the anti-Indian mascot drive, weak though perpetual as it is.

We’ll see. Wish me luck.

Posted by David Yeagley · January 17, 2013 · 11:14 am CT · ·

Tags: American Indians · American Patriotism · Bad Eagle Journal · Communism · Conservatism · Liberalism · Mascots · Negro Race · Politics · Race · White Race · Women

• 1 David Yeagley // Jan 17, 2013 at 11:53 am

KROU is an Oklahoma University station affiliate of NPR.

Here is their web page: KGOU (the larger network)

I can’t even find it on my radio: OKC, 105.7 In Norman, it is 106.3.

• 2 Thrasymachus // Jan 17, 2013 at 12:15 pm

I hope that they let you in on the conversation, Dr. Y!

• 3 Laz // Jan 17, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Hopefully someone can record this interview. I’d listen but I’m in a stats class currently

• 4 Thrasymachus // Jan 17, 2013 at 12:58 pm

You’ve made some very excellent points! The American Indian warrior image needs not to fade away from the national culture like the Cheshire cat! What do these liberals want — the American Indian simply to be forgotten in the public mind?

I think that Harjo’s casting doubt on the legitimacy of the surveys is a weak point, as it is almost certain that those contacted would be true American Indians! Am I to believe that they called people at random from across all population groups? C’mon! They phoned American Indian people!

• 5 David Yeagley // Jan 17, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Okay. Show’s over. I wasn’t a guest, but a “caller.” Didn’t get to say anything until 45 minutes had passed. Then, not long. I completely misunderstood what my place and role were going to be.

Nevertheless, it was a great show. Balanced opinions. I, however, presented facts, not opinion. It was a very personal show. Indians called in and talked about their personal experience. The host kept things balanced.

Quite commendable on that end.

• 6 David Yeagley // Jan 17, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Harjo and Means disdained Indians who disagreed with them. They condemned all Indians as “ignorance” who were pro-mascot.

Their language, their tone, their attitude, seemed all very lofty, elitist, and Democrat–all about being higher, more intelligent than other Indians.

No wonder the Left loves them and supports them.

• 7 David Yeagley // Jan 17, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Harjo is not a sociologist. She probably doesn’t know anything about the different methodologies use in professional surveys.

Also, people like her and Means are not tribal representatives. Russell Means, for example, never held a tribal office. Indian people never elect radicals or professional protesters.

• 8 David Yeagley // Jan 17, 2013 at 1:23 pm

So, Thras, did you hear the broadcast? How fortunate. I never could find the station here in OKC. I’d like a recording of it, too. I think we can get something from the Native America Calling web site.

I asked them to make me a guest, so I can really give the other side, in detail. They are an NPR affiliate, though. We’ll see.

Liberal leaders assume they are the intelligentsia and the informed, and that other Indians are poor, ignorant fools–greatly needing to be educated. Statistical realities, personal realities (testimonies), are all irrelevant to liberals.

• 9 David Yeagley // Jan 17, 2013 at 2:39 pm

More on Chief Zee (Zema Williams.)