Chaos in New York, New Jersey

by David Yeagley · November 2, 2012 · 11 Comments ·

The photo op hugs of Obama and New Jersey governor Chris Christie are over. Obama came, and left. That’s it. The rest is a riot, literally. Its all about looting.

NJ Gov. Chris Christie welcomes Pres. Obama.

Or is the media selling hysteria again?

Volunteer professional utility workers from out of state (and in state), coming to help people in New York and New Jersey are being turned away by local union workers because the volunteers are non-union. The liberal Democrat unions would rather have everyone suffer, and maybe die, than break their union power (and benefits). Even local utility workers are not trusted by the people.

Staten Island (the white, working, middle class?) is totally abandoned. Worst of all.

NYC Mayor Bloomberg refused to let the National Guard in–because he doesn’t want any guns on the street. He’s using huge generators in Central Park to power the media for the NY Marathon on Sunday. Why can’t generators be shipped in or airlifted in from elsewhere?

In many places, there are large neighborhoods with no heat, fuel, food, or water, and another monster winter storm is moving in for all.

This situation is worse than Katrina, in New Orleans. Riots, looting, hunger, and freezing temperatures, it is unbelievable.

The Democrats are in charge of all this. They were very quick to blame Bush and the Republicans for every discomfort and want during the 2009 storm on the Gulf Coast.

Is there any reason the National Guard cannot air lift supplies and drop them off in parachutes? (I suggested this on Twitter from the first day after the storm.) This is what the National Guard is for–to help masses of people in crisis. They are trained for this. But the Obama administration doesn’t like to use trained people to do trained jobs. Ask Delta Force.

Where’s that Democrat craze for martial law?

Where is all the efficiency, the improved service? The Democrat governors promise to cut all the government red tape, all the regulations–all the things that Democrats love, because they want to get help directly to the people. This is unbelievable irony. Democrats promise to deliver the people through lifting the tyrannical impositions they themselves have placed upon the people.

What happened to the Occupy Wall Street spirit? That great outdoors spirit of camping out? The Democrats did better providing for the anarchist slobs of OWS than they are real people in need.

This is a spectacle of criminal neglect, indifference, and dereliction of duty.

Exactly that kind of behavior we see in the Democrat leadership of the Benghazi fiasco. Will there be deaths in New York and New Jersey that we can properly call “murder” by Democrat fiat?

No power for New York. No power to the people. They’ll all have to tough it out like good hippies, anarchists, and liberals. This is the government of their choice. Even when average liberals work, and work hard, it doesn’t change their delusional ideas about government. They still look to the nanny state to take care of them. Perhaps these horrible, tragic conditions will awaken them all to the fact that the government simply cannot take care of anyone–but itself. The masses cannot depend on the few Democrat elitists with large mouths and empty promises.

Christie may have thought he was really going to get some help, quick. That was more of an expression of desperate need than of sound reason from experience.

Bloomberg didn’t want Obama coming into NYC, but he also doesn’t want the National Guard. Apparently, all he wants is the Marathon.

Obama can’t even act like a president for more than a few photo ops. He runs from serious problems. He is afraid of the military. He appears quite cowardly, actually. Liars usually harbor profound fear. They are never sure what is going to happen, or when their lies are going to be exposed.

Remember Benghazi. That says it all. Bye-bye, Obama.

Posted by David Yeagley · November 2, 2012 · 2:29 pm CT · ·

Tags: American Patriotism · Bad Eagle Journal · Conservatism · Liberalism · Media · Politics

• 1 David Yeagley // Nov 2, 2012 at 2:42 pm

This afternoon Hannity, who lives in NY, says chaos is breaking out. It isn’t just hype.

• 2 zephyr // Nov 2, 2012 at 3:56 pm

“Even when average liberals work, and work hard, it doesn’t change their delusional ideas about government. . . Perhaps these horrible, tragic conditions will awaken them all to the fact that the government simply cannot take care of anyone–but itself.”

We can pray ~ and dream!

“Liars usually harbor profound fear. They are never sure what is going to happen, or when their lies are going to be exposed.”

True ~ and after awhile, they tell so many they can’t even recall what they’ve said when. I think much of their fear stems from this.

” . . . you have sinned against the Lord, and be sure your sin will find you out.”
    Num 32.23

It’s hard for ppl who don’t believe in God to fathom this.

• 3 David Yeagley // Nov 2, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Bloomberg just cancelled the NYC Marathon.

A good move, but it was a forced play. He was shamed into cancellation. He’d made the wrong decision. That’s what he’ll be remembered for.

• 4 Sioux // Nov 2, 2012 at 8:36 pm

My heart is so heavy tonight. I pray for these poor people – And to think that huge Nor’easter is heading to New England and should hit by Election day. The Brave Bloomberg called off the NY marathon (to think New Yorkers let him break the rules and run for Mayor a third time). Surely our King Barry will see fit to delay the election until things are cleaned up and back to normal – it’s the only fair thing to do.

Yes, let’s realize that this is CRISIS and start airlifting crates of food and clothes to these poor people for heaven’s sake!

• 5 Bonus Gift // Nov 3, 2012 at 3:53 am

I don’t want to seem cold, but but but … here I go. To me there is a big moral difference, for example, between my own emotional empathy toward people who were given up to one week notice that something very destructive (at a minimum that at least a great deal of rain was coming) and say a tornado, earth quake, etc. where little or no forewarning is coming other than the knowledge that, in some cases, you live in a tornado alley or near a fault-line, for example. To see people cry for food, water, electricity etc. and that the government owes it to them is a bit too much for me, especially a day or two after an event like this. Sure, it’s the adults and not the children that are fault, but again much of this was avoidable simply by removing oneself from the general area and/or being prepared. Furthermore, this reliance always on government is part of the problem and not the solution. I know Americans will pitch in and help regardless, but like those utility workers from Alabama that were told to go home because they were not union, screw that; and those union supporters in New Jersey can you know what the horses they clearly didn’t even ride in on.

What I mean to say, is that will I may be sympathetic to a degree, it is hard for me to watch the Pravda media spectacle and be empathetic to the degree the communist media and the brainwashed masses want me to feel. Don’t get me wrong, as an American I do feel we need to hold together and do what we can for those that are in need, but but but … again I honestly don’t feel that the average person screaming for government help in the New Jersey and the metro New York area is really deserving of it. I have a great deal more empathy for those hit unawares by God’s wrath or man’s folly when they didn’t know it was coming through no fault of their own than those who knew it was coming yet took little or no precautions then demand their neighbors and countrymen help them out immediately without considering the cost.

P.S. Don’t be angry Sioux that’s how I feel.

• 6 Asaph // Nov 3, 2012 at 6:03 am

Bonus has it right, and in another era his observations would not seem so “edgy,” but quite practical.

We all know the story of the man on the roof, his house sitting in rising water. A jeep comes along. He denies it and says, “God will provide.” A small boat comes along. He sends it away. God will provide. A helicopter arrives, and is sent away because “God will provide.” The man ultimately drowns and standing before Peter at the gates proclaims, “I thought God would provide!” “A jeep, a boat, a helicopter,” Peter replies, “What else did you want Him to provide?”

We saw this in Katrina. We see it every single disaster that comes now. The Federal govn is supposed to protect people and save people, and help people. When did this begin, historically? It usually fell upon beneficent societies, churches, local relief agencies, and private citizens to prep and help in a disaster. When did FEMA and all the rest of it come into such prominent activity?

I see the destruction, no different than any destruction from any natural disaster, heartbreaking to see, and yet I see and hear the weather channel, news media, social media chime this stuff till it makes me sick. When people choose to live at the shore, in flood plains, near fault lines, etc, and the inevitable comes, and then they claim they have a right to look to the federal government for “help and relief” of the most basic things people should have in preparation for disasters, it strikes me as incredible.

It is like reading the Bible and seeing ancient Israel go over the same ground again and again never learning the lesson. How can Americans think nature is not to be respected, and when warnings come, deal with it? All the people who say, “Oh, it’s just a 1. We can handle it.” Then the one strikes and totals the place and everybody acts as though this is a surprise.

When I see and hear people getting all angry about not having food and water and I know if I walk into their home I am going to see the flat screen, cell phones, the ipods, Nintendo, and all the rest. But no extra food in the pantry. No bottled water somewhere. It is one thing if your house is swept away. It’s another if you live on the fourth floor and the grocery store is swept away.

It sounds heartless, but in another era it would have been common sense.

God provides common sense. Americans seem to be losing their common sense.

• 7 Sioux // Nov 3, 2012 at 8:29 am

BG and Asaph – totally understand what you are saying. Of all the natural disasters, the Hurricane provides the most warning (blizzards come to mind as well). I lived in Florida for 30 years and experienced some first hand. I didn’t live near the coast for the obvious reasons of imminent danger. I know people who fled Miami to escape H-Erin back in 1995 – they went to Orlando. Guess where Erin ended up hitting: Orlando!

The statistician always comes out in me – so here it goes: 80% of the people in the world live along the coastline so are in harm’s way due to natural disasters like this. I read that our NE coastal area contains about 60 million people (I need to confirm that). So, if they all left town, just where would they have gone? I agree 100% that those who didn’t stock up on food considering all the warnings they had were foolish. To depend on the Govt. for anything is beyond foolish. Barry, Bloomberg, and Christie prove that on a daily basis. This time the school of hard knocks proved deadly. Those Union people up there in NJ who refused the help from non-union volunteers, and Christie for not suspending such a policy, should be held liable. Then again, the Lefties don’t care if you live or die – population reduction by whatever means is fine with them. Proof is in the puddin’…

Bottomline: I would never live anywhere that such a horrific scenario is likely (including Tornado Alley). But, for those who are there, I still feel bad for them. Maybe they will wake up this time, maybe not. Read Lamentations 4:5 for a historical perspective.

• 8 Sioux // Nov 3, 2012 at 8:36 am

Meanwhile, I am heading to Lowe’s today to get an emergency propane heater just in case my power goes out this winter. Am doing what I can to prepare well in advance of any trouble, but know in the end that no amount of prep may be enough. God’s will not mine – is His protective hand lifting away from our land?

• 9 Asaph // Nov 3, 2012 at 3:42 pm

We may observe His hand is being withdrawn from the entire planet. Weather comes and goes, but among the human family it is obviously getting more and more ugly. The influence of the Holy Spirit is being pushed away. The 20th century was a century of more man-caused death than any other, as I have read the number. Add to that the record setting weather events, add to that the constant rise in earthquake events every year … yes, I would say the earth waxes old as a garment. I am reminded of Isaiah -

Isa 26:9 With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.
    Isa 26:10 Let favour be shewed to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteousness: in the land of uprightness will he deal unjustly, and will not behold the majesty of the LORD.

The judgments of God are in the land. But man will not learn, nor repent, and the inevitable slowly but surely comes.

• 10 zephyr // Nov 3, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Bloomberg refuses Brooklyn’s request for National Guard:

• 11 beakerkin // Nov 3, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Doc

Staten Island is where I rode out the storm. If you are facing the ocean Midland Beach Totenville these are problematic areas in a regilar storm. They are working class areas with plenty of marshes (salt water swamps).

Every time a freak storm hits NYC is Manhattan centric. It gets all of the resources in each event and the other areas get shafted.

Until Boro President Molinaro and local politician Oddo started making noise the situation was dire.
    Even though we are the least populous our death toll was the highest.

It is going to be tough days ahead. The linemen from
    MS had our home up 30 minutes after arrival. It did take six days to get here. Water, food and gas were plentiful in my house and neighbors helped each other out.

Even the poor areas in Manhattan in Chinatown and Harlem get taken care of first so it is just an annoying quirk of NYC