Yeagley in WashingtonTimes: The Final Interview

by David Yeagley · July 16, 2012 · 12 Comments ·

Today, July 16, 2012, the Washington Times has posted the final interview segment which Mr. Joseph Cotto conducted with me, beginning June 20, 2012. It is called, “What does it mean to be David Yeagley?

David Yeagley and Bad Eagle, from The Washington Times.

Mr. Cotto is one of the few conservative voices in media to show a serious interest in American Indians, and he may be completely unique, in recent years, in giving voice to the views of a conservative American Indian. Not since Richard Poe was editor of FrontPageMagazine.com have conservative Indian views been shared in major media. (Indeed, the years 2000-2002 were considered the “heyday” of the David Horowitz Freedom Center. Those were the days when Richard Poe was in charge of FrontPageMagazine.com.

Richard Poe, of RichardPoe.com, on Glenn Beck.

Mr. Cotto observes:

Agree or disagree with Dr. Yeagley’s opinions, they are what they are.

No attempts are made to rationalize or sugarcoat anything; he stands by what he says and makes not a single bone about doing so. Perhaps he draws inspiration from his ancestors about things like this. One can only imagine how much a person’s word meant in traditional Comanche society.

Here is a list of all the segments, beginning with the first, ending with the latest. There are a total of eight.

1. Conversation with a conservative Comanche
June 30, 2012.

2. Changing Challenges for a Changing Country
July 1, 2012.

3. David Yeagley: Can America Stand Divided?
July 2, 2012.

4. David Yeagley: A Man in His Own Words
July 3, 2012.

5. Guns, Mascots, and Casinos: Native American Life in Real Time
July 4, 2012.

6. What Do Native Americans Really Want?
July 7, 2012.

7. A man and his tribe: On David Yeagley and the Comanche people July 13, 2012.

8. What does it mean to be David Yeagley? July 17, 2012.

I think the Washington Times should be commended for allowing Mr. Cotto this outstanding effort to give voice to American Indian conservative views. While I am not the only Indian conservative in the country (–in fact I’ve always insisted that all Indians are naturally conservative!), I am the one who has made the most effort to bring the Indian before the media as a conservative force in American society.

I believe it is in the best interests of Indians to become informed of American politics, and of the role we can and should play in it. Certainly, our commentary on American society is worthy. I simply want to make sure that we create a positive path for ourselves in the future. I believe that path is American patriotism. I believe we should care, mightily, for our adopted and mighty son, the United States.

The final interview segment (No. 8) did not include the link to ComancheMedia.com, the site representing the company, Comanche Media, LLC. This company, registered in the state of Oklahoma, is the company created by me and my partner Nick Tachchawwickah for the purpose of improving communication between all Comanche people, and between Comanche people and the world around us. This company was created by our own private means, and we are certainly seeking investors. We have expansive plans for our company.

I would like to again express my appreciation for the editors of the Washington Times, and to Mr. Joseph Cotto especially, for their notable consideration of American Indian conservatism. These interviews represent the initial coruscate of what I hope will be a conflagration of Indian conservatism–a movement that will consume away the suffocating miasma of liberalism. A far shot, perhaps, but then, the wind can carry the flame far beyond the words of a single warrior.

May it be so. The great, great grandson of Bad Eagle has spoken!

Posted by David Yeagley · July 16, 2012 · 10:50 am CT · ·

Tags: American Indians · American Patriotism · Bad Eagle Journal · Conservatism · Politics · Race

• 1 Richard Poe // Jul 17, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Thank you for those kind words, Dr. Yeagley.

And thank YOU, Mr. Cotto, for stepping up to the plate and doing a journalist’s job, which is to report the plain facts.

David Yeagley is a fact. Agree with him or disagree with him, Dr. Yeagley exists. Thank you, Mr. Cotto, for doing what so many of your journalistic colleagues will not do. Thank you for acknowledging that David Yeagley exists.

• 2 David Yeagley // Jul 17, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Interesting comments, Richard. I wonder how many folks see it this way? Cotto was simply “reporting” on something that is part of the socio-political conversation in America–Indians. The direction of his questions and topics show that he, even as a non-Indian on the east coast, has a sense of what people are concerned about when it comes to Indians in general, and to me (conservative Indians) in particular.

The Red road is a path of perfect intuition. Anyone venturing upon it will no doubt see a vision–of the soul of America.

• 3 David Yeagley // Jul 17, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Interestingly, I posted the above article, the summary of the Washington Times interviews, on Jul 16, 2012 at 10:50 a.m. (CT). The first comment, by Mr. Poe, was over a day later, July 17, at 12:22 p.m. Is there a reason for this? I’ve never posted an article than went that long without a comment. The first comment is usually within minutes, or within the hour.

In relation to this oddity, I note that there is a curious process transpiring on the Washington Times comments to the interviews.

Early today, I was informed that at least nine different people across the country, supporters of BadEagle.com, have tried to post positive remarks on the Times interview comments, and have been immediately notified that their comments were “denied.” Another friend actually told me his posts were not recorded as early as July 13 (Interview No.7). He had tried twice, carefully, but the comments were simply not taken.

Is this a coincidental glitch? Is there such a thing? Or is there perhaps a deeper reality?

It is as if anyone who knows me, or has be been on record as having a positive regard for BadEagle.com, is not allowed to post on the Times comments. Clearly, it is not an open forum. It is reserved mainly for those who oppose me.

It would appear under the control of the monitors. I informed Mr. Cotto of this phenomenon, only to find out he has nothing to do with the monitoring, nor has any control over it. I also wrote a higher level editor, who has not responded at all.

Can my BadEagle.com posters even post on BadEagle.com? Why is the above blog drawing a complete blank? I’m very curious. Will someone please show me that he or she can actually post here?

• 4 Asaph // Jul 17, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Greetings O wise one. I have posted as you requested.

• 5 Asaph // Jul 17, 2012 at 8:09 pm

I have seen other editorials of yours which didn’t spark any responses for awhile. I don’t know what this one is saying or not saying which would keep people from commenting. I’m not sure you have said anything new in this editorial. Maybe that is why no one has posted anything.

• 6 David Yeagley // Jul 17, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Ah! Thank you, Asaph.

• 7 Julian Lee // Jul 18, 2012 at 12:50 am

These interviews with Mr. Yeagley are powerful.

David, I admire your your writing and your courage.

I have always had respect for the Native Americans. I have spent time on Indian reservations, and read books such as “Touch the Earth” and “B.M.H. at Wounded Knee” when I was young.

I get a stouter heart when I read your outspoken and articulate arguments and find myself quoting you.

• 8 David Yeagley // Jul 18, 2012 at 7:04 am

Thank you, Julian. I appreciate your words very much.

• 9 David Yeagley // Jul 18, 2012 at 8:03 am

I was informed this morning that there are “technical” problems with the comment device on the Times online. (So, how did only the negative comments get posted?)

In any case, we press on.

• 10 Thrasymachus // Jul 18, 2012 at 9:06 am

Not a few political websites censor viewpoints which give readers an alternative position worthy of consideration. Nothing unusual in this.

• 11 David Yeagley // Jul 18, 2012 at 9:43 am

Just my inflated ego!

In the way of opponents, I think I attract cowards, liars, and other vain individuals. Why is that?

My kingdom for a worthy opponent!

• 12 David Yeagley, 1951-2014 : RichardPoe.com // Mar 19, 2014 at 5:40 am

[…] Yeagley, “Yeagley in Washington Times: The Final Interview,” BadEagle.com, July 16, […]