Op-Ed Column

Are Tea Party Conservatives Anti-Semitic?

by David Yeagley · February 7, 2010 · 86 Comments ·

There is growing concern about anti-Semitism among mainstream conservatives—not the white supremacist movements like the Ku Klux Klan, or the neo-Nazis. This new concern is about anti-Semitism among today’s leading conservative ‘opinion makers,’ even among the Tea Party people.

Debbie Schlussel has recently noted Sarah Palin’s endorsement of Rand Paul (son of former Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul) as an endorsement of anti-Semitism. Rand’s father, Senator Ron Paul is certainly not known for support of Israel. Ron is known as the most “constitutional” of the conservative candidates. (Alas, the Tea Party seems less than completely supportive of Ron Paul, at least in his home state of Texas—where he now faces three other candidates for his senate seat, all three of whom claim the Tea Party as their inspiration.)

Sarah Palin, at the Tea Party in Nashville, TN.
UPDATE: On her Sunday FNS interview with Chris Wallace, Sarah Palin definitively stated her support for Israel. In context, she said that one of elements which would cause Obama to lose if her were to run for election now is lack of support for Israel. She state that supporting Israel is what “I would like him to do.”

But Sarah Palin, in her premier address to the Tea Party last night (February 6, 2010), said that the movement must not be associated with any single candidate or person. It is a people’s movement.

Nevertheless, Rand Paul considers himself an important part of the Tea Party movement, even offering a definition of it on CNN. Rand Paul, (an MD like his father), is running for a US senate seat for the state of Kentucky.

Schlussel said recently of Rand Paul:

Our friend, Sultan Knish a/k/a journalist Daniel Greenfield, has a great, MUST-READ piece summarizing the anti-war, anti-Gitmo, pan-terrorist, 9/11 conspiracy theory, pro-Iran, and anti-American views of the Paul son. He quotes from Paul’s appearances on the openly anti-Semitic Anti-War Radio (owned and run by gay neo-Nazi Justin Raimondo, who frequently bashes me for being Jewish) and Alex Jones shows (Jones is a well known 9/11 Truther and constant basher of “the Zionists”). In my view, Rand Paul’s presence on these shows alone should disqualify him.

Following this revelation, Schlussel notes the friendly association of famous conservative pundit Michelle Malkin with anti-Semite advocate Emily Marie Zanotti. Schlussel points out that Zanotti is enthusiastically endorsed by Eric O’Keefe, leader of the Sam Adams Alliance, which, according to Schlussel, “illegally” hired Zanotti to campaign for Sarah Palin in 2008. Zanotti is very much part of the Tea Party movement. Zanotti is, according to Schlussel, avidly anti-Semitic. Schlussel’s revelations appear ominous, indeed.

Zanotti (far right), with Mary Katharine Ham,
Michelle Malkin & Melissa Clouthier

I certainly wouldn’t call Debbie Schlussel a liberal, but she fearless defends Jewish interests, including Israel, specifically. Therefore she watches with eagle eye the tenor of conservatism. When ant-Semitism shows up in the general conservative movement, it is indeed cause for her concern.

I am concerned also. I myself am scheduled to speak at the 10th American Renaissance Convention in Washington, DC later this month (February 19-21, 2010). This ‘movement’ is not known for pro-Israel positions. In fact, there are publicly professed anti-Zionists among the associates. Not to argue here the relationship between anti-Zionism and anti-Semitism, but, I do find myself somewhat associated with ideas and sentiments which I do not share. Therefore I am seriously concerned when I note Debbie Schlussel’s observations. I am concerned about myself, my own reputation, and the clarity of my own positions.

Let me state them plainly: I believe in American Indians. I believe that Indians should make every effort to love, honor, and preserve what is left of our race, land, and culture. It is my belief also that I must allow this same privilege to all other peoples. That includes white nations, colored nations, and certainly, the Jewish people.

Jewish people are white people. “Semite” comes from the name “Shem,” son of Noah, progenitor of the white peoples. While I must admit that there are Jewish people at the cutting edge of liberalism, leading the anti-white, anti-Christian, and anti-American political and legal movements in America, these do not represent all Jewish people. There are strong conservative Jewish movements in the country and have been for the past several decades. They used to be called “the new Jewish Right.”

I realize that many white American conservatives who consider Jewish liberals to be the root of all adverse forces. I may encounter such folks at the American Renaissance conference. However, I am not fearful of my own beliefs. I intend to make my case for the honor and dignity of race, land, and culture. I have a theory of Jewish liberalism, its origin and raison d’etre. I will reveal this theory at the appropriate time, in the appropriate way. For now, I must simply state the fact that I believe nationhood is of divine origin. Race and culture are appointed by the Creator of all.

Posted by David Yeagley · February 7, 2010 · 10:25 am CT · ·

Tags: American Patriotism · Conservatism · Jews · Op-Ed Columns · Politics · Race · White Race

Read More Op-Ed Columns »

• 1 Darth Sidious // Feb 8, 2010 at 8:27 pm

Beak, for one, who ever said I was a conservative? While I am center left, I also happen to be a proud white person.

I wouldn’t have such a problem with race mixing if it weren’t for the specific intentions of leftists. We are constantly hearing about how “this nation is becoming more diverse,” “we will one day all be mixed,” and “as this nation becomes more mixed, racial hatred will cease.”

Unfortunately, there’s a major problem. For one, because liberals now embrace the “one drop” rule for their own purposes while advocating interracial marriage, they are essentially trying to destroy the white race. I know this isn’t entirely clear, so bear with me. Since both historically and in contemporary society, the offspring of whites/non-whites tend to be classified as non-white, non-white numbers increase while ours decrease as a result of mixed marriages.

Therefore, when leftists/non-whites talk about the glorious day when we will all be mixed and married to one another, they are essentially looking forward to the demise of the white race. If they (leftists/non-whites) can’t wipe us out, they’ll breed us out. As a white person, I find this romantic obsession with mixed breeds very insulting. I’m also sure that people in Asia, Africa, and certain American Indians such as Doc find this insulting (once again, I’m not trying to speak for Doc or other American Indians).

Also, I am not obsessed with genes in the same way Jared Taylor and American Renaissance is. Yes, I would like to see my bloodline remain white. Yes, I believe that racially mixed nations are weaker than homogenous nations. I would also prefer it if Western nations remained primarily white.

That being said, I am not some eugenicist who believes that blacks are innately dumb, oversexed, and primitive. Believe it or not, I believe that nurture trumps nature. The only reason why I believe in preserving racial purity is because I believe in a solid identity. Also, I want people to look like me 50 years from now.

Therefore, I DO NOT advocate anti-miscegenation laws or legal discrimination. If Jared Taylor advocates such policies, then I’m opposed. I believe that people of all races should be free to do as they please. I simply think that more whites should exercise their freedom to abstain from interracial marriage, cultivate greater racial consciousness, and advance their interests.

What I object to is the way leftists brand any white person who speaks out against our current multiracial/PC madness an “extremist,” “white supremacist,” etc. We simply want to be left alone. We’re tired of being asked to accommodate bottomless pits, also known as demanding non-whites.

• 2 David Yeagley // Feb 8, 2010 at 9:20 pm

Beak: Moreover,
    real Jews…never make the statement about being American first. In fact the genuine article would be offended at the mention of dual loyalty.

In other words, in your view, Jews are not patriots? Jews can’t be part of anyone else’s country?

You’re falling into trap after trap here, Beak. I do not believe that all Jews think like you do, or at least are not as double-faced (not two-faced) about it as you.

You think America is an idea? America is a country. Countries are made up of people. Yes, people have ideas. But, if Jews cannot be “American first,” then you are admitting in fact that Jews are an ethnicity, and their true loyalty is to Israel.

This is what your words mean. Maybe you actually mean something else. I don’t know. I think you love America, but, only an extracted idea (or two) about it–which happens to fit what you want. That’s probably true of a whole lot of people.

Love of country–it is something you can’t really articulate. If you do, you lose it. Love defined is love destroyed. (Sounding a bit Buddhist here…sorry.) My point is, Everyone loves what he loves. It may be her hair. It may be her smile. But, something hooked you. America has many assets.

I think she would be offended if you only loved her for her hair. Or her shoes.

Do you know the woman?

• 3 MariaAnastasia // Feb 8, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Beakerskin:

Evidently you didn’t read my posts or you wouldn’t have said what you did.

I said that my mother was Jewish. My father was not (although he did convert to Judaism when he married my mother.)

My parents became frum Yidden (religious Jews) when I was young, and so I was raised as an “Orthodox” (frum) Jew.

It might surprise you to know this, but there are actually a number of Jews who belong to the JBS, the founder of Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership (JPFO) being one of them (for more info see http://www.jpfo.org )

There is nothing wrong with being an American patriot. My parents taught me to always be thankful for this country; if it did not exist, my zayde and bubbe would never have been able to find a safe haven here in 1903, and would have perished at the hands of the Nazis.

I have a lot to be thankful for, and unlike the scum leftist Jews, I will never do a single thing to harm or betray America.

Its Jews like YOU that make me sicker than the flu ever could.

• 4 MariaAnastasia // Feb 8, 2010 at 9:37 pm

Note: “MariaAnastasia” is my online pen-name.

• 5 geronl // Feb 8, 2010 at 10:24 pm

1. There was a lot of non-white immigration before 1965. Unless that was a typo earlier in the thread. Lots of asians (orientals if you prefer) in California, for instance.

2. It doesn’t matter to me what skin color someone is, I judge them by their actions and their words. I like Clarence Thomas and Thomas Sowell and I can name a thousand celebrity whites who are scum of the earth.

3. Government should not encourage or discourage inter-racial marriage. It’s none of their business. Let people figure it out on their own how they feel about it, many never think about the “big picture”. That’s fine. Others will.

4. If the “white race” is lost, even for all intents and purposes, will the world look more like Zimbabwe? North Korea? or Brazil? I hope not, but it could happen.

5. And as a non-racialist I think most peoples eyes would glaze over trying to read the comment section for this column, and they’d probably declare you all crazy. =o)

• 6 Darth Sidious // Feb 8, 2010 at 11:00 pm

Geronl, there was SOME non-white immigration before 1965. While there were diverse groups, particularly in California (where I live), immigration and diversity weren’t as pervasive as they are today.

I too agree that the government has no business infringing upon peoples’ personal lives.

At the same time, I am worried that this nation is starting to look more and more like Brazil and Mexico when it comes to its demographics. We all know how those nations are. Most people will call us crazy, but it will take some radical proposals and new thinking to reverse this trend.

• 7 TNT // Feb 9, 2010 at 3:32 am

-if Jews cannot be “American first,” then you are admitting in fact that Jews are an ethnicity, and their true loyalty is to Israel.-

But I thought you were Christian. Doesn’t God come first in your life? And what do you call yourself, a Proud Christian American or a Proud American Christian?

• 8 Thrasymachus // Feb 9, 2010 at 4:51 am

“We’re all struggling to find the truth. Sometimes, even when we’re advocating our own positions, it’s really in the spirit of finding something out from someone else!”
    — David Yeagley

This sums it up for me. I hate no one for racial reasons. I just am searching for the truth. It has always been my personality to question beliefs, regardless of authority, that seem to fly in the face of reality.

BTW, when I stated the average Negro I.Q. at 70, this is in blackest Africa, where Blacks are unmixed. It is 85 in the States. Whites have an average I.Q. of 100, Asians 103 or 104, and Jews even higher than Asians, though I have not heard precisely what that figure is.

• 9 beakerkin // Feb 9, 2010 at 5:10 am

Doc

You are developmentally disturbed. Real Jews do not write the statement they are American first. In fact bringing up the subject of dual loyalty is something we find offensive.

Moreover, you are now questioning my patriotism. Unlike you I took an oath of office to
    uphold the Constitution. I will not have my patriotism questioned by a failed academic trying to repackage Nazi racial theories into a more genteel form

Once again I return to our founding documents.
    You remember them, the one I took an oath to
    uphold and you treat like toilet paper. Your views are antithetical to all known and accepted
    views of our laws.

Furthermore, your crank racial theories violate
    the egalitarian ethos of the New Testament. That message is open to all.

Bad Eagle is a fraud. He feigns a love of America while denigrating the ethos of the founding fathers. He claims to love American values, but does not know the first thing about them. Our society was founded on individual
    rights and liberties. We are a unique nation with
    an inclusive tradition of tolerance and respect for others.

Yeagley claims to be a Christian. The message
    of Christ is and has always been open to all.
    This denigration of whole swaths of humanity
    on the basis of their DNA is neither American nor Christian in spirit.

Once again I do not believe that this writer posses any Jewish DNA. Of course my community is diverse with many people with loathsome views. The real article would not write in this manner. Lets see we place a word
    or two in parentheses and some third grade Yiddish and perhaps a trip to Ask Moses and a
    poorly constructed writers alias is created.

There has been a history of various fakes on this site.

• 10 Thrasymachus // Feb 9, 2010 at 5:23 am

Let’s make something very clear. Today’s Left is extremist as well. Hitler and the Nazis went to an extreme. Today’s Left has taken the opposite extreme. The Truth lies in the middle, as is usually the case.

The Left really belive that “racism” is the greatest social evil. They conclude that the very existence of distinct races is in itself evil.

God, in other words, made a mistake in creating the human races. The Left’s way to “fix the problem” is to blend them all together into a World Man — a raceless being, without a History, without a Future, without an identity.

Don’t believe it?

Look no farther than Time Magazine:

This very edition is what woke me up to the real game the Left is playing.

• 11 Thrasymachus // Feb 9, 2010 at 5:28 am

The Left’s position is that God made a huge mistake in creating the races. The solution, according to these extremists, is to understand that the very existence of races is evil, because it is that which gives rise to the greatest social evil, viz., “racism.”

The Left wants a “World Man.” A being without a History, without a Future, without and Identity.

“Let us blend all races together into one,” proclaim these Leftist extremists. Then the “race problem” will disappear and we’ll have beautiful raceless Utopia!

This is what woke me up to their thoughts and intentions:

• 12 Thrasymachus // Feb 9, 2010 at 5:32 am

beakerkin,

Why all the ad hominems against Dr. Yeagley?
    Is it because you, as a Jew, think yourself racially superior to non-Jews? Your offensive rhetoric begins to give that impression.

I am sure that Dr. Yeagley is a man of great merit. But, in logical argument, the character of the man making an argument is totally irrelevant to the truth or falsity of the argument itself. A man’s achievements, his education, his level of income — none of these are relevant to the correctness of his reasoning in an argument or debate.

Chill, man!

• 13 Thrasymachus // Feb 9, 2010 at 6:29 am

The Left today is committed to the belief that the very existence of race — actually the White Race — is an evil. White racism is, they say, the greatest social evil. The solution is to create a world of raceless people. The goal of the Left’s extremisms is a “World Man.” He has no History, he has no Future. He has no Identity. He has no Culture.

I did not wake up to this because of an extremist like Hitler (opposite extreme). I woke up to it when Time Magazine sent this issue to my front door step.

God made a huge mistake, according to the Left, in creating and ordaining nations. Man, in his arrogance, must correct that mistake. This is, after all, what “pleases the Lord.” We’ll all enjoy a raceless, nationless earthly Utopia once race is “abolished.”

Is this really logical?

• 14 David Yeagley // Feb 9, 2010 at 8:12 am

Thras, Beak is simply liberal. He has said twice in this thread that he has never called himself a conservative. This is a revelation of himself. He has spent a good deal of time on BadEagle.com, been supportive in general. But, in time we come to understand one another’s ideas.

• 15 David Yeagley // Feb 9, 2010 at 8:16 am

The “TIME” creature lacks Oriental (Mongolian) features. How disappointing. How racist.

• 16 MariaAnastasia // Feb 9, 2010 at 8:38 am

I find it amusing that beak, a liberal, doubts my Jewishness simply because I honor what my parents taught me, and that is to be a patriotic American.

Beak, I seriously doubt you are what you say you are. Unless you infiltrated the US military for nefarious purposes. It wouldn’t at all surprise me.

Why do you say a “true Jew” would never place America first before Israel in their national loyalties? Are you implying that Jews truly are or should be disloyal to America? My father, a strongly committed American Jew (and even a Zionist, unlike me) would have slapped you silly for believing that.

Unlike you (most likely), I was raised in an Orthodox Jewish family. I don’t need to prove my Jewishness to you. I have four children who are being raised as committed religious Jews. Being a typical liberal, you probably either don’t have children because you aborted them all.

My (spiritual) loyalty is to Eretz Yisrael, the LAND of Israel, as my SPIRITUAL homeland. When Moshiach comes (may it be speedily and in our day), Physically my loyalty is to the land that gave my zayde and bubbe a safe haven from Tsarist pogroms. My family taught me to always be thankful for America and to be grateful for this country, and I am.

If you knew anything about Halacha at all, you would know what we are taught in Yirmayahu: to be content in the land wherein Hashem has sent us into exile, and to pray/work for the peace and safety of that land, “for in their peace you will find peace”.

That is what TRUE Jews believe and practice. Maybe you should study it sometime.

And its interesting to know that you are dismissing the Jewishness of the like of the founder of the JPFO and Rabbi Mayer Schiller for not aligning their views with yours.

• 17 Thrasymachus // Feb 9, 2010 at 9:08 am

Woops! The only reason my post was remade and recast three times is that some technical error was taking place — at least at my end. At the time I wrote these, all three failed to appear when I submitted them. So I had assumed that the submitted posts had all been irretrievably lost.

• 18 Thrasymachus // Feb 9, 2010 at 9:26 am

“Race exists for a reason. That should be obvious enough. Our efforts should perhaps be to at least understand that reason. Whether one believes in the Creator, the Biblical God, or whether one believes in evolution, race is the reality before us. It cannot be wise to actually, consciously work against it.”
    — Dr. Yeagley

I agree entirely. This is why, from a secular point of view, I also approve of the work of this website:

“The Racial Compact

A call for Racial Preservation, Racial Independence, Racial Rights and Racial Good Will”

The basic principle in the title is what I regard as important. I respect all faiths and viewpoints and am not trying to force my personal faith on others. The issue of race transcends my own personal perspective, just as other moral questions transcend specific religions. Everyone need a moral compass.

You know, I may have posted this before, but even Hinduism was a faith that took race very seriously. In fact, in that ancient religion (it predates Christianity), it would seem that rampant miscegenation is the root of all evil!

“Out of the corruption of women proceeds the confusion of races; out of the confusion of races proceeds the loss of memory ; out of the loss of memory proceeds the loss of understanding, and out of this all evil!” – Bhagavad Gita

• 19 Thrasymachus // Feb 9, 2010 at 9:36 am

And racial / ethnic / national preservation — and the right to practice it, is certainly entirely a moral issue!

This is why, when liberals proclaim that races have no rights, they are making a moral statement of faith and, as I see it, are trying to force a position of faith on the “unbelievers.”

Jared Taylor definitely likes to compare the belief in multiculturalism to a religion. The problem in the U.S. today is that this position has the authority of government behind it — something that certainly did not used to be true in America. I really cannot believe that the Founding Fathers, with their overriding concern for religious freedom, envisaged the ideas that Time Magazine presented us as the purpose of the new nation!

• 20 Darth Sidious // Feb 9, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Thras, while the founding fathers envisioned an equal and free society, they certainly would be horrified if they could see the multiracial quagmire that the United States has become. Therefore, only an idiot would say that not embracing racial equality and anti-racism makes you an unpatriotic American. Yes, the constitution mandates equality, but one has to look at that document in the context of the founding fathers.

• 21 egarris // Feb 9, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Antiwar Radio is hosted by Scott Horton (Jewish) and is affiliated with Antiwar.com, founded by Eric Garris (Jewish). The staff are followers of the works of Murray Rothbard (Jewish) and Ludwig von Mises (Jewish). Our late President was Burton Blumert (Jewish). The majority of Antiwar.com’s staff is Jewish.

Regarding Justin Raimondo and Debbie Schlussel:

A Google search for Antiwar.com shows no place where Raimondo attacks Schlussel’s religion or ethnicity.

• 22 David Yeagley // Feb 9, 2010 at 4:54 pm

I’ll be the first to admit, I don’t know my Jewish bloggers. I find Debbie’s blog practically terrifying, some of the revelations.

Malkin (Filipino married to nice Jewish boy) also has her connections.

They pay for these connections. That’s why they have cutting edge news.

But, as to who’s who, I’m afraid I’m as dependent on media as anyone else. Who has the biggest name is supposed to be the most important. I know this isn’t really true. It is only partly true.

So, what about the Zanotti bit? A Lesbian assault against Debbie? I really don’t know. I know these things happen.

• 23 MariaAnastasia // Feb 9, 2010 at 6:49 pm

Dr Yeagley, Check these Orthodox Jews out. This is one of my favorite websites (and they’re not even Neturei Karta!)

• 24 Robert77 // Feb 10, 2010 at 8:27 pm

beakerkin, it is because of Jew like you that there is anti-semitism. MariAnastasia sounds like a real patriot who puts America First and respects the rights of European Americans. The problem with so many Jews is that they are the hysteria of labeling any criticism of organized Jewry as anti-semitic and having an extreme double standard of supporting Israel as a Jewish ethno state while saying that Europeans and Americans have to commit suicide at the altar of dervisity.

• 25 David Yeagley // Feb 10, 2010 at 9:02 pm

MA, that’s a heavy site. I know there are even rabbis in Israel who are not what one would call “zionist.” I’ve met some.

But, aside from all that, I believe Jews have a right to have a nation. I don’t think every Jew has to move there, but, the Jews have a right to be a people, with a land, with a nation. I don’t know how to think otherwise.

Just about every nation in modern times came into being through war. That includes the US. If that’s the reason to condemn a nation, then a lot of countries are going to have to shut down.

• 26 MariaAnastasia // Feb 11, 2010 at 2:12 pm

Robert77: You would not believe how many nonJews say words to that effect to me (“If more Jews were like you there would be no antisemitism”). I have a few Jewish friends who also think like me, and people say the same to them.

Mr Yeagley: I do believe that the Jewish people deserve a nation, but in Jewish teaching, the Messiah is the one who has to come before that can take place.

The zionist entity in the Middle east was created by secular, atheistic, and actually antisemitic Jews in name only, most of whom were communists. They goal was to create a “Jewish” state that would take the place of the Jewish faith for Jews. This is one reason why they secularized Hebrew words and turned Hebrew into an everyday language, whereas Orthodox Judaism traditionally believes that Hebrew is too sacred a language for daily, secular use, but is reserved for worship (this is why Ashkenazi Jews developed Yiddish for daily use, and Sephardic developed Ladino, or Judeszmo.)

I could go into much more explanation, but the whole foundation of that state is antisemitic.

Traditional Jewish Orthodox teaching is that the Messiah must come first, and then HE will bring the Jews to the Land of Israel to set up a SPIRITUAL kingdom, not the immoral, secular state they have now.

That website I linked to will give you more info about this.

• 27 David Yeagley // Feb 11, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Ooo. I don’t know. I don’t know about this. I mean, I know you know more than I do, but, you make Israel sound a bit…off base, to say the least. Yiddish–developed to avoid Hebrew? Never heard that in my life. Always gathered it was a kind of casual German. Jews have been in German lands since 300 AD. (Colonia/Cologne), well established on the Rhine. I don’t think Yiddish goes that far back. In fact, German may not go that far back!

Anyway, I don’t see the anti-Semitic nature of Israel. That is a radically new and radical thought, to me. What is the basis for that teaching? I’m curious. (You are always welcome to write me off line, if you think it more approrpiate) How does Israel work against Jewish interests, more or other than say, the ADL or the ACLU?

• 28 MariaAnastasia // Feb 11, 2010 at 8:01 pm

Dr Yeagley, I would suggest you read “The Transformation” by Rabbi Israel Domb, c 1989, available from NKUSA PO Box 1316, Monsey, NY 10952 http://www.nkusa.org

It is very hard to summarize in a blog post, but basically: Traditional Judaism has always believed that the reason why Am Yisrael (the Jewish ppl) were dispersed to many nations was as punishment for our sins (the siddur–prayerbook–says in many places, “for our sins you have exiled us from our Land”).

The belief of traditonal, original Orthodox Judaism was and is that the Jewish ppl must wait for the Creator to miraculously return us to the Land of Israel, we are not to do it ourselves, for if we try, bloodshed will pursue us (Kesubos, in the Talmud).

The Talmud indicates that if Jews ever try to return of their own strength, it will show a lack of faith and trust in G-d.

Some of the very Orthodox believe the Nazi genocide was a punishment for the sin of zionism (which began in the 1800s, not 1948 as some believe.)

The very Orthodox/Chasidic Jews I know are the most anti-zionist, I know this is hard to realize for those who think that being Jewish is synonymous with being zionist.

• 29 Thrasymachus // Feb 11, 2010 at 9:15 pm

“The belief of traditonal, original Orthodox Judaism was and is that the Jewish ppl must wait for the Creator to miraculously return us to the Land of Israel.”

Not too hard to understand.

Old Time radio Bible teacher, Dr. J. Vernon McGee (I used to hear him when I was a child) used to say much the same thing. He taught that when G-d returns the Jews to the Promised Land, it will be miraculous and all the world will be very glad and rejoice in it, and that, therefore, the present “return” of the Jews to Palestine is not the return prophesied in Scripture.

• 30 Alek // Feb 13, 2010 at 2:33 pm

I have heard you speak and I greatly respect your point of view. I am of Cherokee descent but I support a pro-American, and pro-American Indian position. As a mixed English and American Indian, I am proud of my bloodline. Regarding the Tea party movement, I think you are correct when you say some members may harbor anti-zionist beliefs. However, to call semetic peoples caucausions(white) is not correct. Though Jews have been part of Western Civilization since the early stages, they are a fundamentally different ethnic group. Semetic peoples were native to ancient Egypt, Ethiopia, Arabia and the Middle East. They developed entirely differently then the first Indo-European people. To compare the two would, in my mind, be the same as comparing the Asian nomads who crossed the Bering Strait to modern Asians. I wish you well at your speaking engagemnt at the AmRen Conference.

• 31 Frog // Mar 4, 2010 at 3:03 pm

Dr Yeagley, this is my first post, thank you for the thoughts you share. I have just started looking at this site, the reading and dialogue here seems profitable.

Maria, thank you for providing the counterpoint to beak. I have read and considered the http://www.jewsagainstzionism.com
    site for a couple of years now and must say that I agree with them. Their statements of the history of the 30s and 40s corresponds with what my parents and grandparents told me (I am a Polish born Christian, American for many years now). I thank you for posting the link. I fear for Israel, if it truly was a product of men and deception, then the Bible is clear on the outcome. We will see I guess. Maybe even soon. Anyhow, may the Lord bless you and keep you.

As far as the Tea Party? I stand with the American Constitution. I have attended my local Tea parties. I believe that the movement of true Americans, who believe in the spirit of the Constitution, is large and dangerous enough to be a target for subversion. So the media ignores constitutionalists like Ron Paul and introduces media whores like Palin. The Tea party movement, whatever it is, will be subverted, accused, torn, in whatever way the powers that be can manage.
    As far as anti-semitic… I have not yet met any Tea party people who profess to hate all Jews for the sake of the name. On the other hand, there are many questions to ask about our government’s actions. For example, I question why the USA ignores the Goldstone report. To Foxman and the ADL I suppose that makes me problematic, anti-semitic. I guess I don’t know what anti-semitic means, the word is corrupt, meaningless, a slur. Are the rabbis behind “jews against Zionism” anti-semitic? If so, I’m in good company.
    My two cents.

• 32 PM // Aug 15, 2010 at 10:40 pm

Two comments:

(1) D.Y. says “The rules for living, in America, were founded on the Bible. If you think otherwise, you are from Mars.”
    But I’m not from Mars and it is not obvious to me that the rules for living in American were founded on the Bible. I think D.Y plays a little lose with history.

(2) Several commenters appeal to the intentions of the founding fathers. I have always wondered why this gambit is so widely used in political discussions. It is almost like the founding fathers are deities. But surely it is more or less irrelevant what the founding fathers wanted. Certainly history has proven that they made some very wise decisions in the construction of the country — we would be foolish to ignore their choices completely . But really, the important question now is not what they wanted or intended, it is what we (the living) want and intend.
    Perhaps the founding fathers wanted a constitution 100% in conformity with the Bible. We, these many generations later, are not forever bound by their decisions. We have the same freedom they had to make choices. Perhaps we of 21st century America want society to be 100% in conformity with the Koran. Perhaps we want society to be 100% based on secular ideas. What the founding fathers might have wanted is just not relevant.

PM

• 33 djdeluca // Sep 10, 2010 at 1:55 pm

JackInJill….: “I have one major liberal belief. Democrats should be allowed to abort their unborn fetuses with no objections from the right.”

I am still laughing. Sounds good to me.

Tharasmachus, you are just plain scary. Who someone else marries is none of my business nor is it yours.

I also am a member of the Tea Party Patriots. We are open to everybody until someone exposes himself as a racist or a crank. We do watch for elements of racism and/or anti-semitism. We are an extremely diverse group with very specific goals. I personally wear a cross and a Star of David as a statement of solidarity.

One of the things we of the TTP are doing and promoting is to really dig in and study American History and exactly what our Founding Fathers intended. I have always been a student of history but I have found this to be very enlightening. I am impressed with their diversity of thought and belief and their determination to provide a Constitution that would guarantee religious liberty to all. It grieved most of them greatly to have to leave slavery alone in order to maintain a federation strong enough to defend itself against foreign invasion. Washington’s will provided for the freedom of all his slaves not previously freed.

I have also learned that nowhere in the Constitution does it say one word about “Separation of Church and State.” The Constitution guarantees freedom OF religion NOT freedom FROM religion. Our forefathers very much intended that the Judeo- Christian ethic and morality permeate our national, social and political lives. How far we have fallen.

I could care less what color my next door neighbor is. When my daughter was asked out by a black guy I left it up to her. He would have been a better choice than the white looser she married.

I am a firm believer in “That government is best which governs least.” As long as it does not interfere with someone else’s rights whatever you do is none of my business.

Judge not lest ye be judged.

We need to quit quibbling over petty issues, live and let live, get to work and get the Socialist libs out of Congress. Get our economy under control and restore our liberty. We can’t accomplish that by imposing our personal paranoias into the mix. God created us all in His image. I am happy to share in this battle with all freedom-loving Americans.

• 34 calliegal235 // Nov 5, 2010 at 1:04 am

Post 24 – The citizen asked, “Are you not satisfied that six million of us died that you wish to destroy the rest of us by making us Christians?”
    I understand what the citizen means, but this is so odd, since, historically, actually, Christianity came to Europeans through the Jews of the New Testament. Christianity, is not a western religion, originally. The first Christians, were Jews! Sigh, what a long way we have come….Well, the Christian faith, when taken to other countries, got mixed up with the cultures of those countries, so it doesn’t look like an eastern religion. A Wycliffe worker shared with me, that a tribe they were working with sang songs in a five part harmony. That was part of their culture. As they translators would get another page of scripture translated into the tribe’s language, those people would take those scriptures, and turn them into songs, singing them in a beautiful five part harmony. I think God and the angels must have enjoyed that very much!

• 35 calliegal235 // Nov 5, 2010 at 1:48 am

Post 82 – PM –
    Prior to nations like the United States, most nations were ruled by kings or queens. Whatever they decreed, was the law of the land. At their whim, they could change such laws.
    In 1644 Samuel Rutherford wrote the book, Lex Rex. It was based on Deuteronomy 17, and made the case for constitutional law.
    (Lex Rex, the law is king – makes the case for the rule of law, and not the rule by a king nor by men)
    James Madison, the framer of the U.S. Constitution, and considered the father of the U.S. Constitution, ” … remained at Princeton to study Hebrew and political philosophy under university president John Witherspoon.”
    (above, courtesy of wikipedia)
    The section below is from the link below.
    (http://www.kneelingmedia.org/one/johnwitherspoon.htm)
    “THE MAN WHO TAUGHT THE MEN WHO SHAPED AMERICA
    As president of Princeton University, 1768-94, Dr. John Witherspoon graduated 469 students who directly shaped America. He actually taught them in small classes. One hundred and fourteen became ministers. Thirteen of the graduates went on to become presidents of universities in eight different states. One of his students, James Madison, served eight years as Secretary of State and eight years as U.S. President. Six men were members of the Continental Congress. Nine of his students were appointed to Cabinet positions, twelve were chosen as Governors of states, and at least 60 became Senators or Representatives in Congress. In addition, two honorary doctorates were given during his tenure, one to Thomas Jefferson and one to Alexander Hamilton. Many of Witherspoon’s former students left New Jersey to fill academic positions on the frontier of emerging America.

Witherspoon Influenced Constitutional Convention through his Students
    Though Witherspoon did not attend the Constitutional Convention himself, one-sixth of its 55 delegates were graduates of Princeton University: Gunning Bedford Jr. of Delaware; David Brearley of New Jersey; William Richardson Davie of North Carolina; Jonathan Dayton of New Jersey; William Churchill Houston of New Jersey; James Madison of Virginia; Alexander Martin of North Carolina; Luther Martin of Maryland; and William Paterson of New Jersey.”

John Witherspoon, heavily relied upon the book, Lex Rex.
    So, this is the historical thread, which led to our U.S. Constitution, the first constitution in world history. Poland was the second nation, after the United States, to also adopt a constitution.
    So, before you lightly toss aside a document and the intentions of its authors, which was constructed with great difficulty, even by these well educated men, I think you have a great deal of history you need to study.
    I can tell you, that the above is taught to every home schooler, but I doubt it is so carefully taught in the public schools, and I do think that is a serious problem which needs to be remedied.
    All of the lives of these men are worth studying.
    The United States is a Republic, which I very seldom hear people acknowledge. It is not a democracy, as people usually think of it. The founding fathers gave us a republic. I hear people talk about a democracy as if that is such a great thing. Without our constitution, if we were just a democracy, we would be left to the whims of any majority, with no laws whatsoever to provide any check or balance. A very scary form of government; picture the French Revolution.

• 36 Honkies For Herman - - Page 4 // Nov 2, 2011 at 2:41 pm

[…] There is growing concern about anti-Semitism among mainstream conservatives http://www.badeagle.com/2010/02/07/a…s-anti-semitic Anti-Semitism Joins The Tea Party In Indiana | Oliver Willis […]