Declaration of War on Mexico City

by David Yeagley · March 29, 2006 · 37 Comments ·

Viva Zapata!

Emiliano Zapata (1879-1919), a man of the people.

March 29, 2006, at 9:00 am, Bad Eagle officially declares war on los generales de la Ciudad de Mexico. The problem is not immigration, not the feeble, traitorous US senate, but a mobster-run government in Mexico City. The enemy is not the Mexicans, but the incredibly corrupt and wicked families than run Mexico. The immigrants are actually fleeing the misery of Mexico. Amnesty? In America? The idea that amnesty applies to illegal immigrants here is rational only if the truth is recognized–the truth about Mexico City. Mexican people have been used, abused, and otherwise misled in the greatest ethnic farce since Martin Luther King.

Mexicans have their own government to address. They need to be patriots of their own country. King at least addressed problems on the home front. He wasn’t protesting the treatment of Tibetan monks by the Chinese government. Mexican protests are pitifully out of place here, the people are confused, and suffer from acutely misdirected anger. Their problem is Mexico City, not Washington. Their anger must turned on their own leadership. King believed racial integration was the path to equality, but the Mexicans don’t care about ingetration. In fact, they’d rather be Mexican all the way–in America, with all the rights of American citizens! They are exceedingly confused, and the US government, as well as Mexico, is confusing them.

Mexico exports more than 1.8 millions barrels of crude oil a day, making it one of the top ten oil exporters in the world. (Mexico aspires to be the number one exporter to the Unites States.) Mexico is not a country without wonderful resources. It is a country with astounding civic corruption and environmental pollution. 26% of the population (106 million) live on less than $2. a day. And according to the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), Mexico is not significantly affected by the glorious globalization envision by the Council on Foreign Affairs. The great regional treaties like NAFTA and GAFTA had not worked wonders at all. The northern states of Mexico, the most polluted, have experienced the most benefits of foreign investment (in cheap labor).

People inside Mexico cry out in fear. “One of the biggest problems in Mexico is insecurity, the population lives with fear not only of thieves, corrupt politicians, and bush [sic] but also face injustice from abuse of power of authorities and the police. It is very dangerous for a population to be fearful of its protectors the police force. Mexico has to improve its deficient police force, and must improve the reputation of current police officers.” MIEPA: Mexico/Economic Policy Analysis 2005. Mexico is all about drugs, like many Latin American countries.

It is as if the whole people of Mexico are just one fat sheep to be shorn. Everyone uses them. Their own miserable government uses them.

Where is Zapata when you need him? The greatest need in Mexico right now is another revolution. The first one, in 1910, was all about land–the relationship between the people and their land. The government had gradually taken ownership of all the land. Power was invested in only a very few men. It was a grand socialist dictatorship under General Porfirio Diaz When the Mexican people rose up and broke the power of Diaz, they did not maintain the ideals for which they had fought.

Emiliano Zapata (right) and his brother
Eufemio. True Mexican patriots.

An unusual commentary on this is found in a movie, The Professionals (1966), when a left-over Mexican revolutionary (Jesus Raza) laments that a revolution is like a woman. She’s beautiful, and you are in love. Then the affair gets old, and you see her as she really is. What you need is that first love again!

We all do. America is quickly forgetting the nature of her own revolution. America is quickly whoring out to the highest bidder. Our pathetic senate has become the public enemey No.1. The US Congress has betrayed the American people at the most fundamental level. Our government does not represent the people, but the interests of business. Nationhood, sovereignty, are no longer valued, by law.

But let Mexicans be patriots of their own country. The most patriotic thing Americans can do for America is to encourage Mexicans to be Mexican patriots. They should all be sent back to fight for the honor of their own country. They should be more like Iraqis, willing to fight the enemies amongst their own. The mass of Mexican immigrants here in America are betraying their own country, Mexico. They are giving up. They are fleeing Mexico, yet waving the Mexican flag. This is a heartbreaking tragedy of foolishness. No people have ever been so duped, and made an international joke. They misunderstand patriotism completely. It isn’t a show of a flag. It is fighting for your country!

And while America is promoting all this patriotism, Americans must be ready to rise up against our own corrupt government, which has obviously lost it’s way, abandoned its principles as a republic, and betrayed its people.

Posted by David Yeagley · March 29, 2006 · 10:49 am CT · ·

• 1 ecology // Mar 29, 2006 at 11:18 am

Very well written truth. They need to look up to the GREAT Zapata. What a warrior. These multiculturalists and many of the American Indians seem to forget the slaughters of the Mexican Indian tribes. yet they side with their murderers. Whity is not slaughtering the red man anymore. In fact we are giving them our cash and services for free. Talk about being over nice. The mexicans are still brutal to thier Indians. They are racist towrds the Indians and look down on them as lessers. They just overlook that tho and hate the whites for doing it all to them. So misdirected and without knowledge indeed. and waving the Mexican flag. Your right the Mexicans have zero tolerance for anything except pure spanish latino Mexican. Im not seeing any mexican speaking out against all this twisted specious thinking. Has anyone?
    Oh and the professionals is a great movie. I just watched that about a month ago.

• 2 David Yeagley // Mar 29, 2006 at 11:36 am

Well, one commment…
    I don’t know that the government of Mexico was resisted by Indians, to the point that Mexico made treaties with Mexican Indians. The American Indians, by stark contrast, were a force to reckon with, and treaties had to be made. These are the only treaties America ever had to make. I don’t consider legal treaty provisions to be hand-outs, in any way. However, I do believe the treaties need to be re-defined. That’s what my latest editorial is about, Indian Casinos and Congressional Intent: A Wishful Credo.

Having said that, it is becoming more and more obvious, these poor Mexicans don’t know who they are. They are passionate about some dream of a country which has offered them such misery they are willing to risk life and limb to immigrate to another country. It is a pathetic situation.

• 3 ecology // Mar 29, 2006 at 12:54 pm

sorry after rereading the handout statement that was directed towrds the illegals and other immigrants coming in. Not towrds the indians.
    Treaties were broken. Not much thinking was going on back then. Lots of taking and using up of stuff.
    If I had my way there would only be the Indians and pre ww2 immigrant offspring in the US. Immigration would have stopped as soon as we went to war.
    I agree with you in the casino fiasco. I dont like them. They are bringing them into my rural county where I was raised and grew up. 7 of them. They believe its the savior. The crystal clear esopus rnowned trout stream will be a dumping ground for the slime and pollution. My families lands will be surrounded by who knows what. Its saddening. Judging by the other ones they are going to get more than they expected. The county will only be good for making profits. the Indian proponents of the casinos are confused and many of their claims go against what they claim to be. Yet they attack u for taking bribes and such. Very strange times.
    The US couldnt beat the red man fully, period. By the end of the Indian wars the red man did not have the manpower but they were learning how to fight the white man style. But by that time they didnt have the men to continue. The US basically beat the red man through sheer mass and greater breeding rates. also the economic trade system was more than they could handle at the time and basically dpleted their resources. going from stone to steel in hyper speed time equals disaster. also war was different to the red man. it was more pageantry and custom (in general). The european way was to completly destroy the enemy. the red man needed the enemy to complete their warrior code. Whole different mindset. Now not all tribes were these balanced eco warrior creeds. Many (probably most) were just stupid, greedy and exploitative as the invaders were at that time. There are few thats stand out though that I have read up on. The Utes, Seattle tribes, most of the plains tribes, the north eastern tribes (tho brutal in their warring) were very clean, had big picture breeding rates and organized and had a sustainable system. advanced thinking. Im not sure of others tho. The medicine mans job was to look ahead to the future and make managment decisions. It seems weve lost the medicine man. LOL.

• 4 Nadine // Mar 29, 2006 at 1:27 pm

Another GREAT article, Doc!

Funny, your mention of how Americans should help Mexicans to become patriots of their own country (aka Mexico) is something I’ve been thinking about for a loooong time now. Reason being is because it goes along with my own views on one of the reasons why I joined the Peace Corps, which was to help E-M-P-O-W-E-R those of another country to help themselves. And this fits right in with your article IMHO, as I feel Americans should create a Peace Corps specifically designed for this purpose so that Mexicans do NOT have to emigrate to another country, but rather make CHANGE happen in their own.

I wish the big guys up in Washington, D.C., whom have all the power, would offer such a solution, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t help them, as they need that Mexican vote. Forget what’s good for the American People, it’s what’s good for the big wigs up in Washington, D.C.

Thoughtfully, Nadine

• 5 kaktuskid // Mar 29, 2006 at 1:27 pm

When Pershing went into Mexico to “punish” Pancho Villa, his military force included many Apache Indian scouts. The Apaches had a LONG-time hatred of Mexico and greatly relished killing Mexicans.

• 6 the merry widow // Mar 29, 2006 at 2:15 pm

As I was saying on another thread, this nonsense from the weekend gets me! It is a danger to our children and way of life. Mexicans need to start owning thier country! If that means revolution, so be it! The elite families have brought it down on themselves(like the communists, facists and various and sundry dictators, great leaders…) If they will not obey the law, then the law must exact its consequences! Those who have brought us to this point may believe they have numbers on thier sides, but the Americans versus the British proved common sense and grit out class numbers anyday! Nadine, to bad your not closer, I got a couple of rifles you might like to try!

tmw

• 7 Nadine // Mar 29, 2006 at 3:08 pm

Lol, Merry Widow, I’m not that pro-active! (:^D

Seriously, I prefer to keep my support against immigration via signing petitions, posting on forums, and basically just supporting those against immigration.

That said, I’m glad that there are sites such as Doc’s, wherein one can express their displeasure with the gvt., immigation, et al, as I feel it’s better than taking a gun & going AWOL! Lol. (:^D

Peace, Nadine

• 8 the merry widow // Mar 29, 2006 at 3:15 pm

I kinda have to be, my 15 yr. old daughter has been asked to be a model more than once! When Ben was alive he dealt with stuff like that, now it is one more chore to take up! A raped and murdered daughter is not my idea of taking care of my family, so I get a little belligerant! What you are doing is also important, I just add to it. If you were closer, I’d watch out for you too, once a mother…

tmw

• 9 the merry widow // Mar 29, 2006 at 3:22 pm

Hate to love and leave ya’ll, heading to church, have a blessed evening!

tmw

• 10 Nadine // Mar 29, 2006 at 3:51 pm

Merry Widow, just needed to tell you that I honestly did not have you in mind when I was thinking about my reply & in particular the word *pro-active*, as my telephone conversation with BE member CelticWarrior about *pro-active* was on my mind more than all else. It’s had me thinking about my limits & how far I would go on issues I feel important.

It may not seem like much but I feel just being here on BE & signing petitions, et al is enough (for now). Now if I had to march in downtown Seattle against immigration, that I would do.

I’m not as pro-active as Dr. Yeagley, for instance, but that’s him. And I respect that, which is why I’m here. I admire his passion & commitment to various causes. I’m in awe, truly.

Peace & Take Care, Nadine

• 11 Ray // Mar 29, 2006 at 4:51 pm

Mexican Indians did fight the invading Spanish, and the government does in fact have legal obligations to many of the tribes still in existance on the outskirts of the Mexican Cities. And, are you sitting down for this one? Mexico City is the repository for the world’s largest group of indigenous languages being spoken!

This strikes me as very interesting. The trajectory of Spanish conquest has made even very dark, Indian looking people deny deny deny their Indian heritiges. I recall reading about something an obviously Mexican Indian mother told her son, who was “acting” up. She said No eres un Indio! Don’t be an Indian. Pretty sad.

For the absolute best book on Mexician Indians and how identity is constructed in Mexico, I suggest a title called Mexico Profundo. I forget the author’s name.

This all said, the Mexican tribes are not the same as North American tribes, and I want nothing to do with a coaltion of illegal immigrants and North American Indians because it’s dishonest and disrespectul.

• 12 David Yeagley // Mar 29, 2006 at 5:44 pm

Ray, it may be true that there was some resistance. I have a very different impression, however.

The problem? Aztecs.

Let me explain. Most Mexican people to this day are herd-like. They are communal. They think and feel as a group, in very large groups.

Aztecs easily domineered and enslaved the weak, peaceful groups of Indians. This is why so many Indians united with the Spanish, to throw off the Aztec cruelty. As Aztecs resisted the Spanish, but I think it is inaccurate to associate the Aztecs with the masses of Mexican Indians today. They were the exceptional group.

I don’t have an image in my mind of a strong Mexican people, Indian or otherwise. They just weren’t into warring with other people. They are a beautiful people.

There were thugs among them, like the Aztecs, who easily rose to the top. It is the way of humanity. The strong (and mean) rule.

I doubt that “No eres un Indio” had anything to do with Mexican Indians. It was probably referencing the Comanches. Ha, ha!

• 13 Nadine // Mar 29, 2006 at 7:25 pm

Ray, thanks for the title of the book “Mexico Profundo”, as I would like to check it out at the library. In the end, I think it would be better to help Mexicans reclaim their country, rather than fight with them over ours. If that is all possible (btw this coming from one that joined the *Peace* Corps, not the Military Corps; for a very good reason I might add). Fighting should only be a last resort IMHO.

Peace, Nadine

P.S. Ray, you remind me of Dr. Yeagley in so many ways ~ just as educated & knowledgeable, kind, nice, polite ~ it’s good to have you here (no mentira). (:^)

• 14 Adriana // Mar 29, 2006 at 8:52 pm

Why don’t we look at the culprits of this whole mess — the Mexican government.

Why can’t they supply jobs for their people, why don’t they offer education passed the third grade? Where’s their social security system? My mother is from Mexico and she always spoke of the corruption and dire poverty there.

She got a green card and married my father who was born in America.

Americans of Mexican descent don’t support illegal immigration. I’m from El Paso. It borders with Juarez, Mexico. And everyday when I and my siblings drove to college along the border highway, there was always a run of people crossing the border. Due to this problem, then Border chief, now US Representative, Silvestre Reyes implemented Hold the Line. Every 100 feet was a border patrol agent. The people in El Paso, predominately Hispanic, applauded the action. It kept people from coming through.

One must remember that during the anti-war rallies of the 1960s is that they were infiltrated with communists to try to sway public opinion. So I take this rally with a bag of salt; there are many with agendas behind it.

My eyes are focused on the Mexican government, who is the true beneficiary of illegal immigration (they don’t have to worry about their citizens). It isn’t America (it costs millions of taxpayers money), or illegal immigrants, who often have to split from their families to survive. What kind of life is that? Not a very stable one; therefore, what good can come of it?

Sadly, the Mexcian government is smiling as they forcefully keep illegals out of their country. Just ask the Guatemalans.

• 15 David Yeagley // Mar 29, 2006 at 9:02 pm

Thank you for your testimony, Adriana. Like the Iraqis fighint for Iraq, the Mexican patriots (nationals), and the Mexican-Americans, your view is kept out of the news. Why? The media is an enemy of America. The Senate is now an enemy of America! How can a patriot such as yourself be heard?

Did all of you see this? Immigration debate seen skirting root cause.

This Reuters article is about poverty. Ah, but BadEagle.com beat’em to the draw, eh?! I know I’m right on this. There is a lack of patriotism in all countries. The world is turning into a selfish, lethal greed fest. Because America has created such wealth, everyone is an enemy of America, or, an attacker. “YOU OWE ME!” cries the world. America is the bad guy.

Unbelievable.

• 16 dahvid // Mar 29, 2006 at 9:03 pm

This a good article by Bad Eagle. After viewing the photo in this article

Another article here evokes the image of militant Mexicans standing on northen soil, the old Bad Eagle article about the Native Americans conflicts with the Mexicans.

The archytypical Mexican pressing northwards for the plunder.

It blows the mind that America would accept the unabashed nationalistic and racial attack by hispanics upon America. America it seems, will fall from within, just like Rome.

This article shows the human side to the Mexican thing happening in America, and it is a shame because they can be fine people. If they weren’t so militant against America, I would be much more sympathetic t their plight.

• 17 KPS // Mar 29, 2006 at 9:11 pm

Dear Mr. Yeagley:

It is my opinion that the Mexican Indians need to overthrow their Spanish rulers and deport them.

I am opposed to the concept of “ruling” other peoples.

KPS

• 18 MacMutOkee // Mar 29, 2006 at 9:22 pm

One thing I have noticed as a difference between the natives of the South Americas and the North Americas (and this speaks to the comments about them be herd-like) is that the S.A natives were much more agrarian based. The N.A natives ere much more hunter-gather types. Am I way off?

• 19 Tamara // Mar 30, 2006 at 6:06 am

Forbes magazine recently published its list of the world’s billionaires, and ten of them are from Mexico. You can learn about them here at http://www.forbes.com/static/bill2005/country_Mexico.html

There is a lot of wealth in Mexico, in spite of the dire poverty, but it’s concentrated in a small number of families. It makes the whole situation even more shameful. Yes, the anger of the Mexican people does seem to be displaced.

• 20 bucktowndusty // Mar 30, 2006 at 9:29 am

Fantastic. So true. Try to get Vdare to run with this one, too.

• 21 concha // Mar 30, 2006 at 10:13 am

Dr. Yeagley:
    You are absolutely right on about the Aztec problem–the ten families that actually own Mexico are not pure Spanish, but are descendants of Montezuma and Sephardic conquistadors. They don’t even live in Mexico, they live in Spain. And yes, most mestizo Mexicans have Sephardic (Jewish) blood. All of the Spanish conquistadors were fleeing the inquisition.
    Because they really are direct descendents of Montezuma, they are considered (spiritual) royalty and are not questioned by the population.This is why the poor will NEVER rise against the government.
    I am Mexican -American, and this is the truth you never hear.

• 22 David Yeagley // Mar 30, 2006 at 10:43 am

THANK YOU, CONCHA!
    There is so much to this story, that so few know. It is a classic case of media funtion–which simply cannot accommodate long stories. It all has to be dumbed down–to fit the moment, before the next commercial.

There is indeed a whole sector of America that is Mexican, and has been Mexican for some 400 years or more. These people are to be greatly distinguished from the modern “Mexican” here. Yet, how is this to be done, formally, publically, in the media?

I’m talking about Mexicans NORTH of the Rio Grande, who became Texans, but who were there centuries before Texas became Texas.

By the say, Texas is an English corruption of tejas, which is a Spanish corruption of the old Comanche word, tei-chas, “eaters.” Something like that…

• 23 KPS // Mar 30, 2006 at 10:51 am

Dear concha:

You state: “And yes, most mestizo Mexicans have Sephardic (Jewish) blood. All of the Spanish conquistadors were fleeing the inquisition.”

You are saying that “all” of the conquistadors were Jewish? And, that, the Jews are primarily responsible for the mess that is Mexico, today?

KPS

• 24 David Yeagley // Mar 30, 2006 at 11:33 am

I noticed that too, but failed to comment. I had never heard that about the conquistadors. I know many people believe Columbus was Jewish (from Italy). However, he was not persecuted, nor were any of the other explorers.

Don Luis de Carvajal brought a group of Jews (muranos) to a new colony in (northern) Mexico, in 1579. It was a huge land grant from Philip II. The New Kingdom of Leon. It was about 100 or 200 families.

This is my knowledge of Jews in Mexico, then. I know not what else Concha speaks of.

I know you, KPS, and your incessant search for Jewish blood. And I doubt Concha is saying what you’re so anxious to read into this.

But, we shall let Conche speak to this.

By the way, Leon included a large part of southern Texas.

When Spain found out that the colonists were ethnically Jewish (converted ostensibly to Christianity), the Inquisition was brought in, and persecution shut it all down. The Kingdom of Leon became known as the Tragic Square. It became a bloody mess. Some of the Jews escaped and moved north, into what is now New Mexico.

This is all a little-known history. And no, it does not appear that Jews are behind the Mexican problem. Try to be rational, KPS, please.

• 25 KPS // Mar 30, 2006 at 11:40 am

Dear Mr. Yeagley:

You meant “Marrano?”

KPS

• 26 KPS // Mar 30, 2006 at 11:51 am

Dear Mr. Yeagley:

As I read it, concha said the following.

1. “You are absolutely right on about the Aztec problem …”

I am assuming that the “Aztec promblem” is the problem with Mexico.

2. “the ten families that actually own Mexico are not pure Spanish, but are descendants of Montezuma and Sephardic conquistadors.”

In other words, the TEN families that actually RULE Mexico are at least part Jewish.

3. “They don’t even live in Mexico, they live in Spain.”

4. Certainly, if they live in Spain, they relate more to their Jewish blood than the “Montezuma” portion.

If the ten families that rule Mexico have Jewish blood and live in Spain, that would tend to make the problems of Mexico, Jewish.

Do you feel that this is in incorrect interpretation of what concha was saying?

KPS

• 27 KPS // Mar 30, 2006 at 12:23 pm

Please let me make a small correction to my last post.

Dear Mr. Yeagley:

As I read it, concha said the following.

1. “You are absolutely right on about the Aztec problem …”

I am assuming that the “Aztec promblem” is the problem with Mexico.

3. “They don’t even live in Mexico, they live in Spain.”

Do you feel that this is in incorrect interpretation of what concha was saying?

KPS

• 28 Beakerkin // Mar 30, 2006 at 12:37 pm

KPS

Your mental illness is obvious and you need medication. Every post turns into a Jooooish conspiracy. Do you have a custom made tifoil hat ?
    This has ceased to be amusing and you should seek
    help and do not breed.

KPS illustates that people on the far left are just red rednecks without a clue. All Joooooos are eeeeevil. Native Americans, Blacks and Latinos need to be classic Frankfurt school victims. The home of bigotry in the modern era is on the far left. KPS is the 2000 era Archie Bunker
    with endless stereotypes and PC bigotry.

• 29 concha // Mar 30, 2006 at 12:43 pm

Dear Dr. Yeagley and KPS:
    If I may elaborate on this please: the Aztecs were satanic; they engaged in the very worst tortures on the general population in Mexico,and killed off most of their own people, therefore few Mexicans are actually Aztec.
    However, I am of this “Jazztec” heritage–Separdic and Aztec–and I want to make peace with the Lord before I pass (I’m sick, but I’m not complaining).
    The ten families that rule over Mexico are in my belief, part of the illuminati, if you will. They are the “ten beasts” in revelations. Yes, they are also part Jewish, but more importantly, they revel in their relation to Montezuma. So basically, the Aztecs are still ruling–Europe, and soon America.
    AS I said, most Mexicans are not Aztec, in fact, their families were victims of the Aztecs. But, this “Azteca” stuff is pushed because it is Satanic, and illuminatist.
    If you ask people who do have Aztec heritage, most will admit that their families have been plagued with addiction, depression, and supernatural events. This is because our ancestors worked with evil spirits.
    Only through Jesus Christ can we be saved from it.
    I know this all sounds extreme but this is what I think.

• 30 KPS // Mar 30, 2006 at 12:52 pm

Dear concha:

Very interesting thoughts, Sir.

Thank you.

KPS

• 31 KPS // Mar 30, 2006 at 12:59 pm

Dear concha:

One more thing: Funny that so many people, including Christians, refuse to believe in conspiracies, such as the “Illuminati,” yet will believe in conspiracies such as the “Anti-Christ,” the “Ten Beasts” and other religious concepts.

KPS

• 32 Beakerkin // Mar 30, 2006 at 1:00 pm

Dr Yeagley

KPS has been playing this who is a Joooooo bit and lacks the talent of Howard Stern. KPS is paranoid and delusional and if we go searching anywhere I am certain that there are also midgets and albinos in these conspiracies. This is a clear case of paranioa . Would we indulge this incessant talk of midgets trying to take over the world.

Short people of the world unite you have nothing left to looooose but your platform shoes. This is absurd and it would be nice to have a post that does not turn into Jooooomania.

• 33 ecology // Mar 30, 2006 at 1:01 pm

I live in washington and oregon. Oregon is part of their Aztlan. I can only help defend Oregon, Idaho and Washington. The American Mexicans need to start speaking up. Or are they in on it? “Laughing stupid gringo American Putas!” “Ha Ha well take your free chit and tax money!”. “haha and well use it to build our own nation!” The jokes on us stupid overcompassionate weirdo americans. what can u expect from a hanging fat bellied nation. Its all good! The american creed. The people failed miserably. the two party system is a sham.

• 34 the merry widow // Mar 30, 2006 at 1:09 pm

Beakerkin, I’m going to follow your advice on troll hunting! Enough said!

Dr. Y., Remember in Is.5:20-21? One of the ‘woes’, that I believe KPS is doing! To have a ‘woe’ called down on one is a disaster. KPS calls down his own destruction! Think about where this kind of thinking comes from. Ben used to say that it “came from the pit and smells like smoke!” What is and has happened in Mexico is a tragedy, we just don’t want the garbage truck crashing in our house! A change is desperately needed, our politicians can not continue to make themselves look phylanthropic, caring generous to the whole world! It is too big for us to do. Not only that, it is not really our call, the Mexicans must take ownership of thier own country!

tmw

• 35 David Yeagley // Mar 30, 2006 at 2:55 pm

Okay. I think I may delete this nonsense about a Sephardic Mexico. This a line I hadn’t heard before at all. I’m always a sucker for new fantasy, I suppose.

But, that’s all it is, new fantasy. I’m sorry Concha, to seem blunt. But, KPS has worn us all out with incessant anti-Semitism. It is ugly, and not useful at all.

I don’t want to see any more of it on my site. I’ve tolerated it long enough. When there is truth to be learned, I’m open. But, there is no evidence or proof of a Sephardic Mexico. This is preposterous. I have presented to you the first and last records of the Jewish involvement in early Mexico. The few families that came in the 16th century were later persecuted out of the land, with no authority whatsoever.

So now, the anti-Semites don’t believe the record of the very persecutors? What new level of ‘illogic’ does baseless hatred reach next?

• 36 Bodvar // Mar 30, 2006 at 3:10 pm

Wow! What a thread!

The essay was marvellous, and the crowd who showed up to trade opinions have joined in spectacularly!
    I’ve long been saying (and writing) that if the Mexicans would only stay and fix Mexico — and, seeing the talent they let get away to earn dough here in El Norte, that’s entirely doable — neither nation, theirs or ours, would have this problem. Mexico, like Ireland one hundred and fifty-plus years ago, exported their best. There are dozens of other parallels — Catholicism, literacy, having to fight blacks for the bottom rung of the ladder to name a few — except that Mexicans are tied closer to their “old sod” (not having an ocean betwixt and between) and are being encouraged NOT to assimilate.

If it were left to me, and we could arrange for the nation’s lawyers to take a year off, I’d arrange to import MORE Mexicans into the Southwest IN EXCHANGE FOR some of the white- and black-trash career do-nothings and welfare queens, if Mexico’d take ‘em! I’d trade three average Mexicans to one white or black (or red) layabout.

I’d only require three things:

* They’d have to promise to learn English (and I’d provide classes)

* They’d have to pledge to seek citizenship in amongst the other peoples trying to that brass ring…and they’d be ineligible to vote in Mexican elections after achieving citizenship, to do so being risking that newly-minted citizenship.

* I’d restrict them from sending CASH (in the form of wire transfers, money orders, etc.) back home. They could send purchased end-items — appliances, furniture, clothing, doo-dads — and I’d see if we could get UPS, Airborne, FedEx, etc., involved in the transferring of these items back to Guanajato, Nuevo Leon, Morelos and Chiapas, etc. That’d fix the oligarchy in the D.F., for whom the southward flight of dollars is Mexico’s second largest source of foreign exchange.

The demonstrations of the last week or so do demonstrate something: the extent of the PROBLEM! Hispanic radio and TV can pass along the directives of rally organizers, and bodies can be rounded up to swell the mass of humanity, and half a million can show up, as if to say, “Better listen to us!” Therein is the one weakness of democracy: if you can cook the numbers, you can subvert the state.

Folks were walking waving signs which invited American citizens themselves to leave North America (aimed, no doubt, at white Americans). So much for tolerance. One demonstrator was walking about in a demonstration somewhere in Wisconsin (Milwaukee? Makes sense. A leftist city in dairyland.) with a sign displaying what must be a canned bit of agit-prop (it showed up on signs in cities coast to coast). The thing this geographic and historical genius didn’t realize is that calling Wisconsin land “stolen” from Mexico, or even from Spain (which was what Mexico once was), is wide of mark. Spain, let alone Mexico, never held Wisconsin. The whole “stolen land” issue relating to Wisconsin is already being torn at by others, more legimate in their complaints, and the claims of Hispanics on North America is a little thin.

The southern border problem must be dealt with. Now. Any delay only lets even more wild and emotional fog to build, so’s the issue is lost in smoke and mirrors.

– B

• 37 beakerkin // Mar 30, 2006 at 3:36 pm

Dr

This may sound brutal the culture of one party rule for 60 years and rampant corruption has stagnated growth. In theory the manufacturing jobs should have led to an increase in the standard of living in Mexico and more jobs. The
    trurh is that in a global economy Mexico’s only advantage is proximity.

Mexican workers are now competing against Chinese and Indian labor. The culture of graft in Mexico just makes it easier to du business elsewhere.

The free trade paradise did not work. Maybe the answer is to get Walmart to do some of its Chinese work in Mexico.