Bellecourt Misleads Media about Jeff Weise and Indians

by David Yeagley · March 25, 2005 · 18 Comments ·

Whom does the liberal Post quote? Clyde Bellecourt, still one of the biggest liberal “breeds” in the business–the business of belly-aching.

ClydeBellecourt.jpg
Clyde Bellecourt, 1983

The whole problem is a mistaken assimilation. Whose fault is that, Mr. “Indian Elder?” Who likes to imitate Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, and the race pimps? Who likes to set the youth on the path of perpetual dissatisfaction, frustration, and depression? Who preaches “I’ve been wronged?” You, Mr. Bellecourt, and the Leftist Indians like you. You have assimilated, to the Communist ideal of “you owe me.” You’re the one that breeds discontent, and stifles the natural aspirations of Indian youth.

You and all these professional Leftist Indians represent no one but yourselves. You merely use their racial association.

As I pointed out in my article on today’s FrontPageMagazine, “Indians, Nazi’s and The School Shooting,” young Jeff Weise was disturbed about racial intermarriage, and about Indians losing their identity. All he’d seen was Indians mixing with whites, acting like blacks, and white liberal teachers at Red Lake high school wanting everyone to mix in, and condemning and ostracizing Jeff for wanting to keep Indians Indian. All he knew was white leaders promoting the genocide of Indians and Indian culture. All he’d seen was white people using Indian “leaders” like Clyde Bellecourt to take down all the Indian images from all the schools in the country.

Yes, Jeff was a very disturbed young man, and understandably so. And when the mind cracks, what comes to the surface is often what was of greatest concern to the individual. Jeff had courted the Nazi stereotype, only in the sense that he wanted to preserve the Indian race. He was looking for support, that’s all. But even the neo-Nazis didn’t take him seriously. Nevertheless, in this matter of racial pride, Jeff Weise was a much greater Indian leader than Clyde Bellecourt will ever be.

Now, what is the point of asking for national media attention for Red Lake? What is the point in expecting President Bush’s personal attention? Isn’t that must more assimilation? Isn’t that acting like everyone else? “Indians are people, too,” the mascot opposers say. So, to be a “people” means you must belly-ache, like Bellecourt? Isn’t that just more of the dependency doctrine coming through again? that famous “I’m a poor victim” line?

Why should Terri Schiavo get all the attention? Let’s compete for it. We Indians will demand it. Let’s win the pity party. After all, we’re big brave Bellecourt Indians, aren’t we?

But the media is wrong. Not all Indians are feeling this way. Only the Leftist-trained, professional “Indians” are crying out about the lack of attention to Red Lake. Real Indians can take care of our own. We appreciate sympathy, but to professionally bleed it out of non-Indian is a total disgrace. It is NOT the Indian way. This is more outrageous than removing Indian logos from schools.

President Bush hasn’t made any statements probably because he doesn’t know what to say. Few people do. My FrontPage article says what hardly anyone will dare say: Indians cannot afford to assimilate. We are a vanishing race. Jeff Weise felt that fear. Yes, he had other problems, but this does not obliterate or invalidate his concern on that point.

Let the media continue to lie, lie, and lie again. The media lies about everything, constantly. The Washington Post article is nothing but liberal propaganda.

JeffWeise.jpg
Jeff Weise, at age 9.

That fact is, that kid, Jeff Weise, needed BadEagle.com, and all the discussions we hold on our forums. To love one’s race is not a crime. To love one’s race is the only basis for understanding how to love and appreciate someone else’s. The liberals cracked Jeff, not the Nazis. The white liberal teachers and counsellors at his school were must more than he could take. He finally blew up.

Posted by David Yeagley · March 25, 2005 · 2:27 pm CT · ·

• 1 Bodvar // Mar 25, 2005 at 2:49 pm

“…Jeff Weise was a much greater Indian leader than Clyde Bellecourt will ever be.”

Well…this one should get ‘em talking.

– B

• 2 David Yeagley // Mar 25, 2005 at 2:54 pm

I’ve never been so ticked-off since I started my American Indian Patriot campaign!

• 3 Bodvar // Mar 25, 2005 at 3:41 pm

…yes, the other language used in the essay conveys that powerfully.

– B

• 4 David Yeagley // Mar 25, 2005 at 4:53 pm

Mr. MacLaurie, I don’t often get deeply into FrontPage article commentary, because there is no editing, and it is rather chaotic. You are certainly welcome here, where you will find more or less pertinent conversation!

I don’t equate love of one’s race with the Nazi ideology, though I realize most people are quick to associate the two. This is tragic.

To me, love of one’s own race is the prerequisite to understanding and loving other races.

Love thy neighbor as thyself is a guide here.

• 5 Betty Ann // Mar 25, 2005 at 7:06 pm

“As I pointed out in my article on today’s FrontPageMagazine, “Indians, Nazi’s and The School Shooting,” young Jeff Weise was disturbed about racial intermarriage, and about Indians losing their identity. All he’d seen was Indians mixing with whites, acting like blacks, and white liberal teachers at Red Lake high school wanting everyone to mix in, and condemning and ostracizing Jeff for wanting to keep Indians Indian. All he knew was white leaders promoting the genocide of Indians and Indian culture.” Dr. Yeagley writes

*Sounds like you Dr. Yeagley. The only difference is he never had the opportunity to preserve his people the Ojibiwe of Red Lake. This is very sad, indeed.

*No. American Indians do not need the words or the voice of the President of the United States of America to bring this tragedy to the forefront of the media. Many American Indians across the United States are mourning and supporting the Red Lake Band of Chippewas the Indian way. The tribe that Nadine and I are from has written on this tragedy (The Sisseton-Wahpeton Indian Reservation of the Lake Traverse Indian Reservation). My friends on the Standing Rock and Cheyenne and Flandreau they are mourning and offering their prayers and support our way.

*The news can stayed focused on Terri, she needs it badly and I hope that her suffering ends soon.

*Also, there are many young tribal members who want the other people out of their lives and reservations, but our leaders and elders are not listening. I would love to see each reservation with their own Indian staff operated schools, casinos and other businesses with no interference from the white people and sure as hell not the Mexican/Hispanics, Asian/Orientals and Blacks!

Betty Ann

• 6 Betty Ann // Mar 25, 2005 at 7:10 pm

“The Washington Post claims that Indians across the country are crying because President Bush hasn’t shown the concern over the Red Lake shootings that he showed over the Terri Schiavo case. He has responded “with silence,” the paper says the Indians are saying.” Dr. Yeagley writes

*My goodness! If this is so, the only ones who are crying across the country are the failure of the Indian men who have suddenly now realized that their actions or inability to act and care for the youth of the 500 Indian reservations has finally caught up with them.

Betty Ann

Betty Ann

• 7 Betty Ann // Mar 25, 2005 at 7:15 pm

“He needed me. He needed Indians. Real Indians. He needed the strong, the proud, and the brave. He did not need Clyde Bellecourt.” Dr. Yeagley writes

*Yes, my dear friend, he needed you and other strong Indian male leaders to assist them. And there are many, many, many more youths out here that need people like you, Dr. Yeagley. This is not related to the story, but I was awakened at 3:30 a.m. this morning by three young tribal girls…guess what. They were sleeping in a car behind an old abandoned building here in Watertown, no place to call home…no one to care for them…no one there for them…NO ONE. They called whatever relatives they had that were sober and they will be staying with me until Monday evening. This is where the desperation comes in…there needs to be someone there for our youths.

Betty Ann

• 8 Bodvar // Mar 25, 2005 at 9:08 pm

“They called whatever relatives they had that were sober and they will be staying with me until Monday evening.”

…once one comes to know you, that’s exactly what one would expect. It is, if you’ll excuseme, the Christian AND the Native thing to do. Good to be reassured that you’re there, understanding both worlds and moving freely in them.

We are, all of us, black through snowy white, raising a generation of feral children. All we need is to do is grow up ourselves long enough to act as adults — some of us as grandparents — and straighten these kids out. There’s too much insanity, the world the Psalmist and Paul the Evangelist warned us about, to straighten out the world. So, the wise thing to do is to try to straighten out the kids who’ll live in it, kid by kid.

Reassuring to know that you’re out there, Betty, picking up our slack.

– B

• 9 Don Dusty Bear Running // Mar 26, 2005 at 12:47 am

I inhabit what was once the land of the Flathead, the Nez Pierce, the Shoshone, and other tribes. My white countrymen drove those Indians from this land 120 years ago. So now it is my time to live on this creek. It is my time to watch these whitetails browse, these hawks soar, these full moons come and go.

I feel neither remorse for what was lost nor pride in what was won. The Indian’s time was over, and my time is short. Such is the judgment of history and the way of the world.

• 10 Betty Ann // Mar 26, 2005 at 3:37 am

“Most liberals know nothing about Indians. They treat Indians the same way biologists treat an endangered specie: They get a grant to study them, round up a few young ones, and try to make them imprint on white liberal stereotypes. Then the liberals get laws passed to force other whites to pretend that Indians are not Indians. No wonder today’s Indians have no idea who they are. They have to visit their old reservation to find anybody who might actually recognize them.”
    DDBR writes

*We cannot continue to place blame on other people when we ourselves cannot even take care of our own children, problems, tribal issues and our own families.

*We need to move away from these old concepts and start to work to improve not only ourselves but our reservations.

*If we want to be treated as an endangered species with no respect that is what we will get. We must reach out to one another and become strong…we need to do this for our younger generations.

Betty Ann

• 11 Betty Ann // Mar 26, 2005 at 3:41 am

“Yet, I can still see the faint outlines of the teepee circles among the cottonwoods down in the grassy creek bottom. I can find an arrowhead whenever I want. I can rummage through the old bones below the buffalo jump nearby. And every time I turn around, I can see an Indian somewhere. Indeed, they are everywhere. They are among the trees, along the water, in my waking thoughts and in my deepest dreams. And all of them are real Indians.” DDRB writes

Did you find any peyote there…if so, can I have some? Please! I have only 45 left.

Betty Ann

• 12 Joe Peden // Mar 26, 2005 at 10:02 am

Liberal “help” is a plague. I don’t know if the Communist model of rule or that of the Pedophile abuse tactic is more apt. Or perhaps the Battered Woman Syndrome is what the attempted infliction is – in a rather Freudian way. Liberals have already tried to impose this model on all of women whatsoever, while “saving” them.

I believe I’m being kind when I call these Liberals “morons”. They do seem at the same time to see literally everyone as helpless, then themselves as capable of and needing to rule, having magically escaped the evil forces which seem to be at the same time themselves! Oy vey [sp.].

I’m hoping the land, genes, work, and the forces of Creation will save the Indians, and me. But the battle cannot be escaped, imo, and is the saving or at least necessary to it. Go ahead on with your bad self, Dr. Yeagley.

• 13 Bodvar // Mar 26, 2005 at 1:13 pm

Don Dusty:
    “Most liberals know nothing about Indians. They treat Indians the same way biologists treat an endangered specie: They get a grant to study them, round up a few young ones, and try to make them imprint on white liberal stereotypes.”

Amen!

They study, the way some academics outside of physical science “study” things, by positing pre-conceived notions and then going about to prove those notions, without bothering to study, some of ‘em (not all, certainly), and find out what’s going on with the folks or things they’re “studying”.

I contrast them with physical science because, if an engineer studied the way a social science grad student studies, we’d all be living in caves.

Well said.

Betty:
    “We cannot continue to place blame on other people when we ourselves cannot even take care of our own children, problems, tribal issues and our own families.

“We need to move away from these old concepts and start to work to improve not only ourselves but our reservations.”

Amen to the second power! (the forum really has it’s “quotable” cap on today!)

Some of these professional victims live as if “the man” has sovereignty over them. If this is the logic, WHY in the wide, wide world of sports should anyone with sovereign power over anyone else — particularly someone who’s grumpy and aggrieved — relinquish that power, the better to have the newly “liberated” then “turn and rend” him?

This is because there’s enough gumption in Native America to straighten Native America out. Some folks’ll have to stop drinking, to stop messing about, and the whole cycle-of-blame thing will have to stop. It’ll take a major retuning of minds, and whites — liberal or otherwise — should be made to feel unwelcome in implimenting the solution. They shouldn’t be scared off or made to feel like the enemy, but should be asked to butt out of family business.

Joe P: “I believe I’m being kind when I call these Liberals “morons”. They do seem at the same time to see literally everyone as helpless, then themselves as capable of and needing to rule, having magically escaped the evil forces which seem to be at the same time themselves!”

I think that you’re being incredibly kind. Personally, I consider call them “entrapers”, patronizingly using any problems and grievances they find in Native America to reinforce their own view of the world and to beat up on their white conservative opponents.

Those who cast an eye toward Natives cultureally I’d call “scavangers”.

One day, maybe we whites’ll learn to be neighbors. That’s what our Red neighbors need most of all: neighbors who keep their promises, but who leave folks to work out their own issues in the family, lending help only and how it is specifically requested.

Christianity’ll have to sink into white America quite a bit deeper for that to occur, though.

– B

• 14 David Yeagley // Mar 26, 2005 at 6:55 pm

Yikes, Bodvar, if the white race hasn’t gotten the Christian act down yet, what hope is there for the rest of us?!

This is a Pandora’s box, indeed. Genetic capacities, developed over centuries…

• 15 Bodvar // Mar 26, 2005 at 9:07 pm

“Genetic capacities, developed over centuries…”

I think that it was Wendy who reminded us that the Lord of Hosts is not a respecter of genetics. In this case, I agree. Christianity is not won by birth but by a divine and sovereign choice.

The whites, long secure in their superiority, once on account of Christianity, nowadays on account of technology, or on account of cashflow, or on account of being able to judge high-thread-count bedsheets, are showing a hankering to be anything but what they are. They aspire to be red, more aspire to be black. The majority of rubbish sold as “urban” and “hip-hop”, from that execrable “music” to clothing to attitude, is bought by white suburbanites. Natives have been sold a bill of goods about victimhood, whites one about guilt.

Both the reds and whites would be right were they their own great-grandparents. Both are wrong as they are not. They could be neighbors, help eachother out, show some respect, and leave eachother alone at key times, as neighbors do. But, they’re distracted.

It would be nice if Christianity were genetic. It’d be a better world. But, most whites, most people, only let the message of the saving work of Christ sink in skin deep, to get the bragging rights, I guess. If it sank in further, there never would’ve been a Little Bighorn. There never would’ve been a Wounded Knee. The treaties would all be intact, as men would seek to keep their word.

Happy Resurrection Sunday.

– B

• 16 Sheila // Mar 27, 2005 at 2:28 pm

Dr. Y, I hope when the opportunity arises, you will go and teach the children. Yes, Jeff needed you, and thousands of others like him, need you now. Possibly to have an influence in these kids lives would mean they would have a passion for seeking an education, to be proud of their heritage, and of their country. I believe that you must be able to educate these children before they reach adulthood, or even puberty. No child left behind? Well, seems to me, Jeff was, and an entire generation is about to be. The privileges of the liberals and the conservatives have conveniently looked the other way when it comes to rez children and their education. The demise of the nations is almost complete, by all of our elected officials. You are much needed, Dr. Yeagley.

• 17 David Yeagley // Mar 28, 2005 at 11:05 am

Sheila, I really appreciate your encouragement. I know I’m about 70 years behind, and the situation looks entirely hopeless. Nevertheless, change always begins with ideas. Often, revolutionary ideas come from one person, and spread from there. I mean, historically, there is reason for hope.

“Many giants, great and tall,
    stalking through the land
    Headlong to the earth woulf fall,
    if met by Daniel’s band!

Dare to be a Daniel, Dare to stand alone,
    Dare to have a purpose firm! Dare to make it
    known!” (P.Bliss)

A little song from childhood I remember, a thousand years ago. It was a lesson about the ancient Hebrew prophet, Daniel, who stood true before Babylonian King, Nebuchadnezzar.

Amazing how these childhood lessons stay with you.

• 18 Natasha // Feb 20, 2007 at 12:58 pm